+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Transfer Window

Short of a left back, I reckon, although Taylor is as good a defender as we have. He won't get in at left back, though, will he.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    We have signed Tresor on loan... that seems to be it... another attacking midfielder
    Attack, attack, attack, attack, attack.

We didn’t get THB, Tella or Maatsen but overall this has looked like a very productive window. Not all the signings will work of course but we have imo a much stronger squad to select from. The crucial bit will be for VK and his staff to get all these new faces to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    We didn’t get THB, Tella or Maatsen but overall this has looked like a very productive window. Not all the signings will work of course but we have imo a much stronger squad to select from. The crucial bit will be for VK and his staff to get all these new faces to gel.
    Not sure Vinni has got the balance right in this window, despite spending a lot of money. He needed to strengthen the squad sufficiently to ensure we stay in the PL, and at the same time sign players with the potential to improve and increase in value, to sell on at a profit.

He's certainly signed plenty of players whose value could increase, whether he's signed enough players with the ability to keep us at this level, I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Not sure Vinni has got the balance right in this window, despite spending a lot of money. He needed to strengthen the squad sufficiently to ensure we stay in the PL, and at the same time sign players with the potential to improve and increase in value, to sell on at a profit.

He's certainly signed plenty of players whose value could increase, whether he's signed enough players with the ability to keep us at this level, I'm not so sure.
    I agree, sinkov. I do think he should not overlook the «*old faces*». Brownhill was one of our best players when he came on against Spurs. Cork was more effective than Berge. Why he feels that Roberts is a better choice at LB than Taylor is hard to understand. We do need some experienced men at the back and Taylor fits that bill. Apart from that, he is a good, brave defender who can get forward. I think he would link well with Bruun Larsen.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Hi Sinkov.
    I believe he is throwing the new blood in at the deep end as those first three games were free hits really.They are not the games that will define our season.Amazing how much more composed old Jack Cork is on the ball compaired to the rest of the team.Personally I think the transfer window was a second or even third choice buying spree which could blow up in Vinnie`s face.Verbruggen looks a better keeper than Trafford.Muric would have saved a couple of the goals we conceeded.Sander Berge is worse than Gus Hamer and Amdoumi looks worse than Gyökeres.I think Vinnie was counting on Maatsen coming back and our miscalculation has left us without a left back that suits the way Vinnie plays.I could not believe the amount we have spunked on players.Dyche must be looking on in envy.
    We had a slow start to last season also but from the first whistle we looked menacing.This season we have looked weak,slow and disjointed-all be it against very good sides with excellent managers.On the evidence so far I believe the team is weaker than last season.We have lost THB,Maatsen and Tella.I believe THB and Maatsen would have been good signings but Tella looked quick but lightweight for the PL to me.Our experienced players are one year older and too slow for the Premier League.Midfield is weak for the PL and we needed an out and out striker although Foster seems to be finding his feet.
    If I were to place a bet it would be relegation.Then again I did not think we would get promoted last season so take that opinion with a pinch of salt.
    In Vinnie we trust....

Will we take advantage of the non contract players? Are we doing any negotiations? Seems we need too given the shipping of goals.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)