+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Peterborough v Derby

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You can include me amongst them, Sith. About a month ago I saw him play 45 mins in ‘Fozzy’s friendly’ and wasn’t impressed. When his name cropped up as a potential signing a few days later I really wasn’t keen and others were even more outspoken. Delighted to be wrong and all credit to him...long may it last.

Great result today but let’s not get carried away. Six of our points have come against sides second and third from the bottom but beating one of the more ‘fancied’ sides this afternoon may be the beginning of a breakthrough, it’s certainly something we struggled to do last season.

It’s a weird division. We’re below Port Vale (0-7 opening day losers) and above Barnsley (7-0 winners). Oxford are top and they’re the best team I’ve seen in the first month of the season, but I doubt that side’s like Exeter, Stevenage and Lincoln will remain top six fixtures.

The most important thing is that we’re now making progress as I think the results against Burton, Fleetwood and Peterborough give us eight points we didn’t get last season.
    I don't think anyone is getting carried away rA, more just pleased we ahve put in a decent performance against one of the "better" sides in this division.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Tiresias was a blind prophet of Apollo in ancient Thebes, famous for clairvoyance and for being transformed into a woman for seven years. He was the son of the shepherd Everes and the nymph Chariclo. He is also a central character in "The Fire Sermon" - part of TS Elliot's The Waste Land - and is a symbol of transformation and renewal: the poem itself representing the cyclical nature of life and the possibility of rebirth from the ruins of the past. Thus appropriate for the Rams.

Anyway, ask rA, he's the English guru
    Ah I see.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I don't think anyone is getting carried away rA, more just pleased we ahve put in a decent performance against one of the "better" sides in this division.
    I’d have preferred a gritty 2-1 win tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’d have preferred a gritty 2-1 win tbh
    Would you?!!!
    I wouldn’t...four goals in 45 minutes and a first half hat trick. Stuff of dreams. I mean...we could have been winning 2-0 after five minutes and gone on to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Would you?!!!
    I wouldn’t...four goals in 45 minutes and a first half hat trick. Stuff of dreams. I mean...we could have been winning 2-0 after five minutes and gone on to lose.

Surely we want teams put out of the game like this and build up the goal difference, make teams scared of Derby!

Good opening 2 minutes then Posh got in the ascendancy. We gave them too much time and too much space. They won all the 2nd balls. No great surprise that they scored. That seemed to wake us up. We got closer, we moved, we pressed, we got the 2nd balls. We showed that we can play, that we have fight, that the squad is starting to gel. There will be ups and downs along the way and it's a long hard season. Too soon to see patterns other than there are no certainties. Going into round 4 matches last week, Bolton and the Posh were the top 2. Posh have now lost 2 on the bounce and Bolton lost 0-4 at home to Wigan and only managed a draw at Burton. Fans need to get behind the team. Stop the myriad of "wrist slashing" type posts we saw when Posh scored. By HT they'd almost all been deleted. They should never have been written. Little wonder 442 labelled us as the biggest online moaners. We're supporters. Let's support. Let's be measured in our responses. Let us stop the knee jerk reactions when we concede with more than an hour still to play. No more moaning when the opposition has a good spell. They're not just going to lie down and let us walk over them. I suppose it's all indicative of the instant society in which we live. In reality, things are never a 1 or a 10 but somewhere in between.

I didn’t get a chance to listen or watch yesterday but sounds like we played well. How did we line up? Was it 3 at the back again?

Quote Originally Posted by triz View Post
    I didn’t get a chance to listen or watch yesterday but sounds like we played well. How did we line up? Was it 3 at the back again?
    Yes, 3 at the back. It's the Warne Way and it's how we'll stay I reckon.

Cheers mate…nice to get a positive performance out of that formation then if it’s how we’ll stay.

I've watched some extended highlights, we seemed very static early doors with the defence particularly so. As the game got going we became more proactive and this helped the defence settle down!
    Waggy seemed really in the mood, it's great to see a focal point for the attack. Like McGoldrick, Waggy doesn't treat the ball as a hot potato and that control he gives stabilises the whole team.
    9 points keeps us in touch at the top end allowing Warne some flexibility to bring more bodies in. Great 3 points.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)