+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Dogs. Help please.

O/T Dogs. Help please.

My wife and I are self confessed dog lovers and treat our dogs like our kids. They are not big dogs, far from it, Shih Tzus in fact and are really gentle souls.

Some friends of ours (over many years) have visited us a number of times and have always made them welcome, even giving our beds up for them so they could stay over.

We were recently in their vacinity with our dogs and when we contacted them and were greeted with a flat NO. “My Husband does not allow dogs in his house but you are welcome”

My question is “ How would you react to that statement”?

Would appreciate your comments.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 23-08-2023 at 09:42 PM.

As a dog lover and owner myself, although me and the mrs have a big dog a German Shepherd, it wouldn't bother me. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it but the fact you've posted it on here tells me you feel a bit put out.
    Some people dont like dogs, but the fact they have stayed at yours before suggests they dont mind them but dont want one themselves and it's their house so their rules, and as I said, it really wouldnt bother me personally.

It is their house, don’t understand the issue. We have a dog as well so it isn’t that I don’t like dogs

You need to ask yourself why it’s bothering you. Was it the tone of her voice? If yes then can understand that might have took you back a bit and upset you

It’s their house and for whatever reason they don’t allow dogs in is their choice and you should respect that
    Last edited by millertop; 22-08-2023 at 02:02 PM.

If you are a non smoker would you allow smokers to light up in your house? I wouldn't so I wouldn't expect friend who don't like dogs to allow dogs just to please their owners.

Maybe they don’t dislike dogs and it could be that they don’t want the smell or mess or potential for damage to furniture.
    Their House is their castle scenario

I’m sure yours are well behaved though

Their house, their rules .

I don’t have dogs in my house. But then again I wouldn’t stay at someone else’s house if the kept dogs.

Thank you for your responses everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Thank you for your responses everyone.
    Are you sure they are your friends and the dogs wasn't just an excuse. "It's Nardendee on the phone love, can you think of a reason why they can't come?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast