+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How things have changed since 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It maybe says quite a lot about Leigh Curtis, who was obviously doubting the radar.
    He was also sore about his mate Ardley getting the boot.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    We'll always disagree about this.
    I think his best ever spell in a Notts shirt was at the end of his first season. And statistically his second was easily the best with 22 goals and so many assists. His game evolved as you'd expect, but he was good for us for 3 seasons. And everything was better under Luke Williams.
    Burchnall and Williams played Ruben in different roles, he was more attack minded for Burchnall and Williams got him playing a little deeper and doing some defensive duties - played well in both roles

Different roles for sure under 2 different gaffers

A very decent player who was a good performer every season he was a pie

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Different roles for sure under 2 different gaffers

A very decent player who was a good performer every season he was a pie
    Even though you're a new poster, my gut feeling was that you would Ruben.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even though you're a new poster, my gut feeling was that you would Ruben.
    He's just one of the laddos.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    And now he’s had the last 2 games on the bench, needs to tell them it’s not working out and get himself back to Meadow Lane😂
    He played more than an hour of the Barnsley game and over half an hour of the Derby game, so while I'd love to see him back he's clearly going to be getting minutes for them. Not one of the biggest fish any more though, at least not yet!

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    He played more than an hour of the Barnsley game and over half an hour of the Derby game, so while I'd love to see him back he's clearly going to be getting minutes for them. Not one of the biggest fish any more though, at least not yet!
    They've had big away wins at QPR (PSF), Derby and Barnsley in quick succession - looks like they'll be play-off contenders this year

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Burchnall and Williams played Ruben in different roles, he was more attack minded for Burchnall and Williams got him playing a little deeper and doing some defensive duties - played well in both roles
    Crazy to think Ardley played him on the left of a 442 with Doyle and Reeves in the middle. We've come a long way since then!

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    He's just one of the laddos.
    Isn't he on the banned wagon?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don't think he did. Burchnall might have got more out of him than Ardley, but Luke Williams took him up a level. Ruben seemed to know what was expected of him and finally showed what he could do.
    Would love to have seen what LW could have done with Eli Sam. Sam had raw ability and potential to have been very good. Sadly, neither got the chance.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast