+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tgh

Tgh

In talks to join Bristol City on loan, looks like we are going to be lumbered with Chalobah, what a mess

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    In talks to join Bristol City on loan, looks like we are going to be lumbered with Chalobah, what a mess

As the roof of the East Stand been sold yet?

We’re wanting to sell TGH, Chalobah, and Diangana to free up some cash and wage bills.

Maybe greedy players who contribute very little can agree to a pay cut! What about Nomark and Puppet Miles - is he leading by example and taking a pay cut?

Presume all the money coming in is to
    Immediately pay off these ridiculous loans?

Keep shining your mobile as Lai must be truly s hitting himself!

Whilst TGH doesn't seem to have found a position that he can make his own and Corberan obviously does not rate him enough to include in his regular team sheet, he still offers additional cover to a thin squad. This loan move is surely all about saving money again and not something CC would ideally prefer. If only Al could be right and the overpaid under performers would take pay cuts instead but sadly that'll never happen.

As for TGH, personally, I still think he has potential so best wishes to him and maybe he will have the opportunities he needs to improve at Bristol and return to us as a better player?

To see yet another ‘youngster’ with possible potential be moved on is disappointing - albeit not surprising given our reported financial situation. However, he has not shown enough to muster my support and plead for him.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Maybe greedy players who contribute very little can agree to a pay cut! What about Nomark and Puppet Miles - is he leading by example and taking a pay cut?

Presume all the money coming in is to
    Immediately pay off these ridiculous loans?

Keep shining your mobile as Lai must be truly s hitting himself!
    What is the alternative Al. What are you doing that AFA aren’t, that would make a difference?

It is easy to criticise but not so easy to do something constructive. If you can come up with a workable alternative then I’m sure AFA would be happy to listen. I’m sure all of us Baggies would be open to your suggestions.
    Last edited by On Balance; 22-08-2023 at 10:59 PM.

I think there’s a consensus amongst a number of us that AFA are well intentioned but too passive.

The shining or torch lights approach is a bit like a Cliff Richard concert, maybe we should all sway from side to side whilst doing it.

I certainly don’t advocate violence in any shape or form but meaningful protest will surely only be of a type which is much more visceral.

I think AFA are well intentioned but I do wonder if they are being played like a fiddle by Miles and that the relationship is a bit too cosy, I could be wrong, I accept that.

I’d like to see an investigation launched into the whole of the buy out process between Peace and Lai and a forensic dive taken into the emails and messages between all parties.

I think it stretches credibility to the limit to think that this deal actually passes the “sniff test”, I’d like to know what Peace knew about Lai’s convoluted consortium and what info the Premier League knew and had withheld from them?

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    What is the alternative Al. What are you doing that AFA aren’t, that would make a difference?

It is easy to criticise but not so easy to do something constructive. If you can come up with a workable alternative then I’m sure AFA would be happy to listen. I’m sure all of us Baggies would be open to your suggestions.

Doing nothing is better than shining a light like a Harry Styles concert! Like every protest people only listen when things get nasty but without breaking the law. I would like to see different faces pushed forward by A4A like pensioners/young kids and what the club means to them as opposed to the same old faces getting publicity. Miles needs to be made to feel uncomfortable as opposed to tea and biscuits with monthly meetings.

Questions Miles should answer for me would be:

Is the money coming in from player sales/wages saved paying off these ridiculous loans with crippling interest? If not why not?

Players are being sold/players moved on so will
    Miles lead by example and take a pay cut? If not why not as other CEO’s do this when a business is struggling?

Hull and Birmingham have started well as they have improved their squads. On the contrary our sale price will get less attractive as too many players are poor and overpaid plus tue club is saddled with unbelievable debt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)