+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: MIKE DEAN confesses to VAR rigging - this crook should be charged !!!!

MIKE DEAN confesses to VAR rigging - this crook should be charged !!!!

Mike Dean speaking on the Up Front podcast with Simon Jordan.

“I missed the stupid hair pull at Chelsea versus Tottenham which was pathetic from my point of view.

“It’s one of them where if I had my time again, what would I do?

“I would send Anthony (Taylor) to the screen.

“I think I knew if I did send him to the screen… he has cautioned both managers, he has had a hell of a game, it has been such a tough game end to end.

“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game.’

“I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate, as well as a referee, and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.”

Mike Dean was taken off VAR duty for two months and has since retired from the game.

Now that he has admitted this one, you have to ask yourself, in just how many matches did Mike Dean do something similar?

Surely action should be taken now by the authorities against Mike Dean, potentially charges of bringing the game into disrepute, although now he is retired, not sure if that would be possible or be any kind of real punishment. Though certainly getting him to pay back the significant cash he earned whilst not doing his job properly, should be actioned.

Newcastle United fans have seen their team suffer so often when Mike Dean has been both referee and VAR official.

Some of those stand out horror shows were when Mike Dean only travelled a few miles from his home on the Wirral to officiate at Liverpool v Newcastle matches, so often giving the scousers some laughable help / decisions. Including when in December 2021 with Newcastle United 1-0 up, a clash of heads saw Isaac Hayden down on the ground holding his head, yet Mike Dean allowed play to continue for significant time instead of blowing his whistle as the rules dictated, the ball played into the box once again and Liverpool scoring.

Amongst his Newcastle United VAR indiscretions, in January this year, during Newcastle v Fulham at St James’ Park, on the coming together of Trippier and Decordova-Reid, VAR official Mike Dean directing referee Robert Jones to watch a certain TV replay, which when anybody looks at it, you do think this is a penalty that could be given, as the Newcastle player doesn’t appear to play the ball, there is contact with the Fulham player, who then falls to the ground, and contact is clearly made just inside the box.

However…when you see it from the other angle, the one that Mike Dean didn’t direct the referee to watch, it was then clear as day that it is actually Decordova-Reid who stands on Trippier’s foot and then throws himself to the ground. Never mind whether it was a penalty or not, it was actually clearly a foul ON the Newcastle defender, which I’m sure the on-pitch referee would have spotted, like the rest of us at home, if Mike Dean had shown him the right angle / replay.

As for this revelation when speaking to Simon Jordan, it suggests two things to me.

That Mike Dean clearly thinks he is untouchable in terms of getting any punishment after having basically admitting to at best, a dereliction of duty, at worst – cheating.

It also reminds us all of just how arrogant Mike Dean is.

If the ref is asked to look at the Var screen then all angles should be shown every time.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    If the ref is asked to look at the Var screen then all angles should be shown every time.
    They don’t do that then?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    They don’t do that then?
    not in some cases.

I’m confused here, he said he missed it, so is he talking hypothetically after that?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    I’m confused here, he said he missed it, so is he talking hypothetically after that?
    Nope. Just talking shite.

It just confirms what we already knew (that Dean is an absolute cunt) and what we suspected, namely that, whilst lots of the officials are incompetent, some of them are cheats and are corrupt.

And I think corrupt is actually a fair word to use.

Absolutely - it is corrupt.

As pointed out on twitter:

That Mike Dean admission cost Chelsea 3 points…

But it also gave Tuchel a 2 game ban,

Which led to Chelsea’s results fading,

Which led to him being sacked.

That one corrupt incident had a MASSIVE impact on world football.

So much could’ve been different…

And, because he's a narcissist who can't do without the limelight, he's come out and said this.

How many other refs or VAR refs have made/not made decsions because of reasons other than purely their professional judgement but have had more sense than to come out and tell everyone?

Look at that cheating, fucking twat Uriah Rennie who sent off Shearer against Villa because he didn't like him. no-one can tell me that the current crop of refs haven't made decisions because they favour/dislike one team more than the other.
    Last edited by Zippity; 25-08-2023 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Mike Dean was in charge of my fingers.

100% Zip.

Any decision now, will be effected by this.

VAR needs to release all audio after the game so that people can see why, or are bare minium so the clubs can see.

I think most refs are narcissists. Why else would you do the job?

If any ref is thinking of anything other than making the right decision, surely that’s corruption? What is he thinking even admitting it!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)