+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennis Balls

Tennis Balls

Southend’s Match was halted as hundreds of fans threw tennis balls on the pitch in protest at their owner.

Far more effective than a Lady Gaga concert with shining a mobile phone FFS.

Even Gateshead brought a funeral car and coffin to their stadium.

Agreed I think A4A have got to start upping the ante. They seem afraid of getting unfavourable publicity.

Its about time we had the unfurling of 'F uck Off lai' flags and banners. Then a mass sit in or a mass boycott of certain matches. Or mass walkouts with 30 mins left. Planes with banners with f off lai buzzing the ground. Or chuck thousand's of bog rolls onto the pitch. The crowd could all dress in black or whatever colour. A mass singalong of of EFF OFF LAI in Chinese every 10mins. Im sure there must dozens of things we could do.

Shining phone lights aint going to get attention in the press or TV. So come on A4A do something, anything that will be stand out memorable.

I do fear A4A have been blinded by the bright lights and the photo opportunities with the PM and invites to speak to Miles.

As I stated the other day, I do not advocate violent protest but this light shining makes us a laughing stock.

Our “action” is akin to being licked by an untrained puppy.

There’s no teeth to it at all, it just feels incredibly lame and middle class.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I do fear A4A have been blinded by the bright lights and the photo opportunities with the PM and invites to speak to Miles.

As I stated the other day, I do not advocate violent protest but this light shining makes us a laughing stock.

Our “action” is akin to being licked by an untrained puppy.

There’s no teeth to it at all, it just feels incredibly lame and middle class.
    Your right Mick about the so called protests of today , laughable .

I'm not condoning violence but I'm pretty sure throwing tennis balls in central London wouldn't have got rid of Thatcher's hideous Poll Tax in 1990 .

https://youtu.be/I4QQN2aqeKA?si=qAbtC8LxTn8s-J4D

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Your right Mick about the so called protests of today , laughable .

I'm not condoning violence but I'm pretty sure throwing tennis balls in central London wouldn't have got rid of Thatcher's hideous Poll Tax in 1990 .

https://youtu.be/I4QQN2aqeKA?si=qAbtC8LxTn8s-J4D
    The tennis ball protest made headlines on the BBC website

'Southend United match with Eastleigh disrupted by tennis ball protest'

Would our protest make any waves??

'WBA match with Middlesbrough disrupted by very bright phone lights protest"

I think not - people in higher places need to be made aware that there is a major concern at West Brom and tea lights aint gonna do it.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    The tennis ball protest made headlines on the BBC website

'Southend United match with Eastleigh disrupted by tennis ball protest'

Would our protest make any waves??

'WBA match with Middlesbrough disrupted by very bright phone lights protest"

I think not - people in higher places need to be made aware that there is a major concern at West Brom and tea lights aint gonna do it.
    It certainly isn’t Phil.

What if we all turned up wearing tee shirts with “Lai Out” and obscenities splashed all over them and we removed them and stuck them over our seats at half time so the whole stadium was adorned in them!?

Tennis balls will get banned as they’re easy to search for but they can’t ask everyone to strip off!

I think the turnstile frisking would preclude such a protest. I’m surprised at how thorough the search is. I’m mid 70s and have had to open a small flask and even remove my Albion cap to ensure nothing underneath. (There isn’t … not even hair !!)
    Clearly I’m a suspicious looking character.

All a bit futile though isn’t it? Shine a light or delay the kickoff, nothing changes.

We’re owned by about 20 chinamen with one frontman who couldn’t really give a stuff about us.

A4A are honourable but there is no action that can really stop the owners and we just have to wait and hope they sell.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    All a bit futile though isn’t it? Shine a light or delay the kickoff, nothing changes.

We’re owned by about 20 chinamen with one frontman who couldn’t really give a stuff about us.

A4A are honourable but there is no action that can really stop the owners and we just have to wait and hope they sell.
    Sadly that seems about the size of it. I know some feel that A4A should be doing something more radical and have been too "polite" but in all honesty I don't think that more extreme protests would achieve much more other than to maybe better vent frustrations and grab a few headlines that Lai & co will just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Sadly that seems about the size of it. I know some feel that A4A should be doing something more radical and have been too "polite" but in all honesty I don't think that more extreme protests would achieve much more other than to maybe better vent frustrations and grab a few headlines that Lai & co will just ignore.
    All supposition omeg, I mean how would you know if we dont make a more positive stand - maybe something more OTT Would make a difference. But letting these effing charlatans strip the club while we stand idly by waving a tea light is really nothing more than surrender.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)