+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Groundhopper Blog from S****horpe with Carlton Town

O/T:- Groundhopper Blog from S****horpe with Carlton Town

This week's blog from S****horpe, featuring:
    Larry Grayson, The Hundred, Calvin Harrison
    Marcelo Bielsa and some bonkers craft ales.

https://stickypalms.blogspot.com/202...lton-town.html

Cheers
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-08-2023 at 10:58 PM.

Good stuff as usual Sticky, especially this bit:

"The bast@rd that is 'The Hundred Whackathon' has struck again. Players fly in and fly out of the country willy-nilly, happy to grab the dollar on offer. This farce of a competition has mucked up my entire cricket-watching schedule. Due to the greedy ECB no 'proper cricket' will be played at Trent Bridge for 60 days - in the height of summer. Add to this today's breaking news that Notts leg spin bowler Calvin Harrison - one of Sticky's favourites - has been called up by the Northern Superchargers; whoever the chuff they are. Notts will be without Calvin for the winner takes all One Day Cup clash versus Lancashire at Welbeck later in the week".

My thoughts exactly. Must admit I only watched the free live stream of the Lancashire game, but Notts were woeful. Watching Ben Slater face 17 balls for just one run was painful, I was as happy as the Lancs fans when he managed to nick one. At least it was proper cricket involving (a very poor) Nottinghamshire. I wouldn't watch Trent Rockets if I was given a free ticket, which reminds me that one of the pleasures of being back in the EFL is that I can resume my boycott of the similarly bast@rdised EFL Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Good stuff as usual Sticky, especially this bit:

"The bast@rd that is 'The Hundred Whackathon' has struck again. Players fly in and fly out of the country willy-nilly, happy to grab the dollar on offer. This farce of a competition has mucked up my entire cricket-watching schedule. Due to the greedy ECB no 'proper cricket' will be played at Trent Bridge for 60 days - in the height of summer. Add to this today's breaking news that Notts leg spin bowler Calvin Harrison - one of Sticky's favourites - has been called up by the Northern Superchargers; whoever the chuff they are. Notts will be without Calvin for the winner takes all One Day Cup clash versus Lancashire at Welbeck later in the week".

My thoughts exactly. Must admit I only watched the free live stream of the Lancashire game, but Notts were woeful. Watching Ben Slater face 17 balls for just one run was painful, I was as happy as the Lancs fans when he managed to nick one. At least it was proper cricket involving (a very poor) Nottinghamshire. I wouldn't watch Trent Rockets if I was given a free ticket, which reminds me that one of the pleasures of being back in the EFL is that I can resume my boycott of the similarly bast@rdised EFL Trophy.
    Interesting article on the merits or otherwise of the Hundred here:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/66635447

It’s definitely bringing families into cricket grounds, but the T20 was also doing that. The effect on the One-Day Cup has been devastating - Notts beat Kent by one wicket in the final over the other week, yet the BBC didn’t even have a report on the game.

I’ve taken my daughter and niece to Hundred games a few times now and they really enjoyed it - next step is to get them to a proper one-dayer, and who knows what after that.