+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: DAN BURN - He's too slow

DAN BURN - He's too slow

Anybody else think he's too slow for the job? We can't afford to have him playing on fast, fleet-footed forwards.

Time to upgrade him very soon, but will Eddie make any changes? I feel Almaron needs to be on the bench from now on as well, he stuffs too many chances, and was costly today against KLOPP'S KUNTS !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    Anybody else think he's too slow for the job? We can't afford to have him playing on fast, fleet-footed forwards.

Time to upgrade him very soon, but will Eddie make any changes? I feel Almaron needs to be on the bench from now on as well, he stuffs too many chances, and was costly today against KLOPP'S KUNTS !!!!
    Definitely. It was always a weak point for him in the left back role. It’s amazing how well he’s done to be fair, but it’s not enough for us if we want to be winning anything.

Think Burn has done a pretty solid job there considering he isn't a natural left back but the sooner Hall is starting the better. I just hope young Hall is ready. Left back and right wing are the two positions I'm really surprised we haven't strengthened. Going into a Champs league season with Burn still our starting left back is mental when you think about it. But FFP just seems to be screwing us we even had to loan Hall to get around it.

He’s no slower now than he was last season when helping us to a 4th place finish and champions league football. He is a good defender but was left criminally exposed for their winner. Obviously he lacks pace which isn’t ideal but he is worth his place in the team for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    He’s no slower now than he was last season when helping us to a 4th place finish and champions league football. He is a good defender but was left criminally exposed for their winner. Obviously he lacks pace which isn’t ideal but he is worth his place in the team for me.
    He will probably be playing in his rightful position until Botmans back, that will also give us a chance to play a proper left back which can only help.

He needs replacing with a proper left back Hall or Targett, he is to slow cant push forward like a proper left back can if he starts against Brighton we will be in trouble surely we wont be unchanged again for that game.

He is a good defender but creates next to nothing in attack. The opposition know this and mark accordingly - it hampers our creative players.

Botman was instrumental in the first and Butn wasn’t plying LB for the second… so???

To be honest, Targett has been criminally overlooked for much of his time here. I wonder why. If Eddie doesn't rate him, why did we make the deal permanent?

Targett should get a good run with Hall pushing him for his place every day. Don't like the thought of Dan Burn being a full-time solution at left-back, even having done as brilliantly as he has.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)