+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v BK Häcken

Baccus should fit in well, IF he signs and could be the missing link in midfield.

Devlin to wing back and MacDonald back and we should look more solid.

I think our squad is shaping up nicely and honestly think we will come good. Nothing is giving me the fear like last season did.

That last minute penalty on Sunday, possibly used up our quota of luck for the week.

Heed first into Hibs now.

The main difference last night is none of our "flair" players performed which we need them to do if we are going to leave our defence so exposed. Sadiq played a blinder over both legs for them which only highlights more how much we failed to shine. The worrying thing for me is that has been every game so far this season. They have all been poor with perhaps the exception of Miovski although he too is guilty of missing chances someone worth 7 figures should be burying more often than not. Robson also seems incapable of influencing a game and unable to identify areas where we are weak. Morris almost playing the full 90 minutes says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Was just away to say exactly the same bud, he has been totally ineffective so far, him and Duk big BIG let down's for me so far this season.
    Don't know what the answer is but I do think Duk might be leaving the building (gut feeling) and if he does he wont really be missed.
    But Clarkson is a different one, he needs something or someone to ignite the spark that he clearly has but so far this season he has been a very damp squib
    No idea why Clarkson is deployed so deep to collect the ball, surely with his creative passing etc he's more suited to further up the park? All we got from him last night and for the most part of the season are long balls which very rarely cause the opposition defence any problems.

Get Shinnie in front of the defence for now until we sign a new Ramadani and let Clarkson float between the midfield and forward line.

I liked Ramadani but I really hope we sign someone better.

Hearts 5-0
    Darvel 1-0
    Hibs 6-0

I don’t blame him for those results personally but he played in them all as a defensive midfielder. Let’s not start polishing that turd too shiny

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I liked Ramadani but I really hope we sign someone better.

Hearts 5-0
    Darvel 1-0
    Hibs 6-0

I don’t blame him for those results personally but he played in them all as a defensive midfielder. Let’s not start polishing that turd too shiny
    Nae very often you and me agree min.
    But that above is spot on, I thought he was OK but we can and need to sign better quality

Disappointing last night and the three at the back did not work. It was often their three attackers against our three, dangerous when one of them was as lethal as he was. A back four would have been more sensible and after the first game Robson should have known that. We are very much a work in progress and certainly not Europa League standard. The extra cash would have been useful but we could have had a few humpings which would not have been good for morale. Not sure about Robson but expect him to get the full season unless we go on a downward spiral. Still looking forward to the Europa Conference League home games where we will still get some tough opponents. A good win on Sunday is what is required. Keep the faith.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Disappointing last night and the three at the back did not work. It was often their three attackers against our three, dangerous when one of them was as lethal as he was. A back four would have been more sensible and after the first game Robson should have known that. We are very much a work in progress and certainly not Europa League standard. The extra cash would have been useful but we could have had a few humpings which would not have been good for morale. Not sure about Robson but expect him to get the full season unless we go on a downward spiral. Still looking forward to the Europa Conference League home games where we will still get some tough opponents. A good win on Sunday is what is required. Keep the faith.

Aye. Team is not the finished article. DC is certainly giving Robson the support. ( And it may well be January before we get more player upgrades too ?)

But this mantra is f 3 at the back isn't working " ? Surely it should as it's meant to be FIVE at the back , when defending ?

Looking at the Hacken game , our wingbacks didn't support the defenders well enough. Come to that neither did the midfield ?

With Devlin in his proper right back role and with a proper left back we should be getting somewhere. And mix in two defensive midfielders , it tightens up.

Doesn't offer expansive attacking football ? Who knows ?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

And mix in two defensive midfielders , it tightens up.
    I'd like to see a sitting midfielder who can hold the ball up and pass to another Aberdeen player.

A disappointing big game result again. We’ve all seen that movie many times - big build up, big crowd, big expectations, big let down.

Make no mistake, the better team won on the night. They had 3 or 4 lads who were head and shoulders better quality than us - Sadiq being the pick of the bunch.

Amazing how a wee Swedish team can find these top notch Ghanaians & Tunisians - we should ask how they do it.

We had our chances mind. You cannot miss two one on ones when clean through the middle and expect to win these games. We got what we deserved tbh.

The Swedish manager completely outsmarted Robson with one positional change. He moved Sadiq over to the other side to
    put him directly up against Morris first half and it worked a treat - 2-0 & morris absolutely posted missing in his defensive duties, especially at the second, which of course their manager fully expected to be the case having seen him play. Good tactical management.

It was the wrong formation with the wrong players. 3 at the back against their quick skilful 3 up front, with Devlin at CB and Morris in front was naive and asking for trouble.

I liked the look of Jensen and McGarry. We looked much stronger on the left & will improve as they settle in. Its the right hand side thats the issue.

I’m done with Morris. He’s pish. A complete liability at wing back in a 3-5-2. He offers little going forward either as his end product is also pish.

It’s probably best we lost, the conference is gonna be hard enough, the Europa would have been embarrassing.

That’s me booked for Helsinki though, so gonna enjoy it regardless - COYR.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    A disappointing big game result again. We’ve all seen that movie many times - big build up, big crowd, big expectations, big let down.

Make no mistake, the better team won on the night. They had 3 or 4 lads who were head and shoulders better quality than us - Sadiq being the pick of the bunch.

Amazing how a wee Swedish team can find these top notch Ghanaians & Tunisians - we should ask how they do it.

We had our chances mind. You cannot miss two one on ones when clean through the middle and expect to win these games. We got what we deserved tbh.

The Swedish manager completely outsmarted Robson with one positional change. He moved Sadiq over to the other side to
    put him directly up against Morris first half and it worked a treat - 2-0 & morris absolutely posted missing in his defensive duties, especially at the second, which of course their manager fully expected to be the case having seen him play. Good tactical management.

It was the wrong formation with the wrong players. 3 at the back against their quick skilful 3 up front, with Devlin at CB and Morris in front was naive and asking for trouble.

I liked the look of Jensen and McGarry. We looked much stronger on the left & will improve as they settle in. Its the right hand side thats the issue.

I’m done with Morris. He’s pish. A complete liability at wing back in a 3-5-2. He offers little going forward either as his end product is also pish.

It’s probably best we lost, the conference is gonna be hard enough, the Europa would have been embarrassing.

That’s me booked for Helsinki though, so gonna enjoy it regardless - COYR.
    How did/do you come by tickets? Might be a nice short break destination for me and her even if, as I imagine, a tad expensive!
    Return flights from Abz seem to be around £250, though not direct?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast