+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Every theft should be investigated

Every theft should be investigated

So says Suela Braverman. Quite right too-but exactly how are they supposed to achieve this given current policing levels? The Tory party has always sold itself as the "party of law and order" but under its watch policing in the country has continued to fall. The much touted extra officers recruited have barely replaced the numbers lost and confidence in the police is at an all time low. Very obviously it isn't just about the numbers of new officers needed, it's also about the quality and there still seems quite a bit of work to do on both the vetting system and existing culture. Baverman isn't wrong, but what exactly has her party done to help the situation over the past 13 years?

It’s a noble thought but impossible to achieve, there’s just too much crime of a multitude of different sorts these days, the actual number of crimes is vast.

I’d prefer they concentrate on the important matters such as they did for my family last night.

My one daughter’s narcissistic, lowlife ex boyfriend turned up and started banging on door and windows demanding she let him in.

When she refused he went to the rear of her property, entered her garage and got out a ladder and proceeded to try and get in through the bedroom window!

She rang the police and they arrived in two or three minutes whilst she was still on the phone to them, two cars with four police in attendance.

Well done Brierley Hill police station I say.

The scum did a runner just before they arrived unfortunately but they now have all of his details.

What is it with blokes who can’t accept being told they are no longer wanted as a boyfriend?

Makes my p I s s boil.

But again, very grateful for such a good police response.

Glad to hear that the police reaction in this case was prompt and your daughter ok. You're quite right, what Braverman is demanding may be an ideal but is totally unachievable/realistic. The police certainly need to improve on their responses to so called "minor" crimes but of course they need to prioritise. For all the reports of bad coppers, I'm sure the majority do a good job in difficult circumstances.

High time they investigated the theft of our goalposts from Wembley by the Scots on 4th June 1977. Countries all over the world keep whinging and bellyaching that we have "things belonging to them" in our museums like Greece and the Elgin Marbles for example, well you jock tw@ts, we want our bloody goalposts back!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s a noble thought but impossible to achieve, there’s just too much crime of a multitude of different sorts these days, the actual number of crimes is vast.

I’d prefer they concentrate on the important matters such as they did for my family last night.

My one daughter’s narcissistic, lowlife ex boyfriend turned up and started banging on door and windows demanding she let him in.

When she refused he went to the rear of her property, entered her garage and got out a ladder and proceeded to try and get in through the bedroom window!

She rang the police and they arrived in two or three minutes whilst she was still on the phone to them, two cars with four police in attendance.

Well done Brierley Hill police station I say.

The scum did a runner just before they arrived unfortunately but they now have all of his details.

What is it with blokes who can’t accept being told they are no longer wanted as a boyfriend?

Makes my p I s s boil.

But again, very grateful for such a good police response.

Worrying Mick! What does this do for your daughters and her young son’s state of mind and safety. The scum bag could return. Invest in a grand to have his legs broken and he won’t return! Would be good money spent and it will put your own mind at rest thinking he could return.

These are just soundbytes from Braverman to convince the electorate that she "gets it", in the same way as every now & again there will be a "crackdown" on burglaries (insert whichever crime against a person you prefer), nothing changes.

It's certainly true to say there are more types of crime now than before, which suggests we need more resources to tackle it. We can afford it, just stop spaffing money on vanity projects and put old school coppers on the streets to get in the faces of the scrotes who make life horrible for the residents around them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)