+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Queens v Montrose

270 minutes played at Palmerston and by my reckoning 250 of them we have been trying to play catchup ! (Just checked and we have held on to our 0 : 0 starting position for a total of 21 minutes over three games.)
    Last edited by Stravaigar; 04-09-2023 at 08:08 AM.

It's the manner in which we start games which is my main concern (I'm talking about home games here). First game of a new season against Alloa when you would expect everyone to be right up for it, unfortunately we are all aware of what a shambles the first half was like. The manager comes out and says defending of that calibre is not acceptable. Fair enough if it was a one off. Fast forward to the Annan game and the same again occurs. On Saturday against Montrose I think that was the worst first half performance of the 3 games and the manager again says the defending is not good enough. Something is going badly wrong, is the manager not getting his message across before the start of the game or are the players just not capable of defending as a unit. Until we get this problem sorted we have no hope of finishing in the top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    It's the manner in which we start games which is my main concern (I'm talking about home games here). First game of a new season against Alloa when you would expect everyone to be right up for it, unfortunately we are all aware of what a shambles the first half was like. The manager comes out and says defending of that calibre is not acceptable. Fair enough if it was a one off. Fast forward to the Annan game and the same again occurs. On Saturday against Montrose I think that was the worst first half performance of the 3 games and the manager again says the defending is not good enough. Something is going badly wrong, is the manager not getting his message across before the start of the game or are the players just not capable of defending as a unit. Until we get this problem sorted we have no hope of finishing in the top 4.
    Totally agree! We need to stop the pitter patter passing pish and play for 90 minutes.Also agree with Fatfan that the players must take responsibility, but ultimately Bartley has to stop this passing crap at the beginning of every game. It’s time to get a grip Marvin and start listening to the fans who will be there long after you have gone,

Absolutely no chance he’ll listen to the fans…..

Yes he can talk an excellent game and is yet to show he can replicate it on the pitch but he has improved the team with now the squad he wants confined to Queens meager budget but we do need to acknowledge that he is a rookie manager so we should cut him some slack until he is firmly in the driving seat resolving the internal issues. His mate Efe certainly let him and the team down badly on Saturday and his reaction to this will tell us if he is managerial material or not but I still think he is better than we have had in a long time so we need to get behind him as if this does not work we are destined for a substantial period in the wilderness as the club will not have the resources to recover. Mon the South

It’s time Bartley took some responsibility for our defeats and poor first half performances and I’m not totally convinced that young Lewis isn’t fully match fit after missing some of his pre season training.
    Hope it’s not personal 😞

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    It’s time Bartley took some responsibility for our defeats and poor first half performances and I’m not totally convinced that young Lewis isn’t fully match fit after missing some of his pre season training.
    Hope it’s not personal 😞
    I’m in total agreement that Bartley must take some responsibility, - especially after making such sweeping statements about what he was going to do with the club. As to not listening to the fans, a blind bat could tell him not to fart around at the back!
    Whether he likes it or not “please stop the defensive suicide, and play to your strengths”
    He should have sorted it out at the East Fife game and not still be making the same mistakes in September.

And here was me concerned with the fact we had not really replaced Paton up top, little did I know we were going to defend like a pub team!

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Hope it’s not personal 😞
    Wee Gibbo is fully match fit , don’t be fooled.
    I too hope it’s not personal and nothing to do with his fathers upcoming court case.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_blue View Post
    Wee Gibbo is fully match fit , don’t be fooled.
    I too hope it’s not personal and nothing to do with his fathers upcoming court case.
    Gibson in today's Courier saying that he was out for four weeks during pre-season but now feels he is match sharp and is ready to go out week in and out.
    The upcoming court case has absolutely nothing to do with his selection and to suggest otherwise is shear nonsense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)