+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    1 Bostock
    2 Palmer
    3 Jones
    4 Crowley
    5 Stone

The first two are stand out players.
    Jones has been superb his ability with his first touch to manoeuvre the ball for an early cross is class. Or to have control to attack defenders.
    Crowley almost as good. Reminds me of Pat Nevin. Thought he might be a bit lightweight but he has been putting in challenges.
    Stone, excellent after being sold down the river at Sutton.
    Nemane needs to do a lot better than he has. No doubting his ability to get in behind but his delivery is woeful.
    You are not allowed to criticize Nemane on here..

I didn't get a chance to see the first 2 games of the season but in the other 3 Bostock has been head and shoulders above everyone on the field (reluctantly including Palmer) .. his movemovent and breaking up of play on Saturday was an absolute joy to watch... he allows the excellent Palmer to dictate play even more.. Jones has been brilliant also, his crossing is insane at times and just begs to be put away.. Crowley... I thought he would take a bit longer to get up and running but he has shown real glimpses of quality... Stone as somebody said was throw under the bus at Sutton but has been rock solid since he returned, I love how he comes for crosses and actually wins the ball on most occasions...his distribution is excellent also.

We have to remember Crowley finished last season playing in L1 with Morecambe so is more than capable of getting the job done in L2. He also started the season in the Dutch second division so he definitely has some experience and quality. A great signing.

Palmer
    Bostock
    Jones
    Brindley
    Macca

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You are not allowed to criticize Nemane on here..
    Really? I would say where you’re concerned you are not allowed to praise him.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    1 Bostock
    2 Palmer
    3 Jones
    4 Crowley
    5 Stone

The first two are stand out players.
    Jones has been superb his ability with his first touch to manoeuvre the ball for an early cross is class. Or to have control to attack defenders.
    Crowley almost as good. Reminds me of Pat Nevin. Thought he might be a bit lightweight but he has been putting in challenges.
    Stone, excellent after being sold down the river at Sutton.
    Nemane needs to do a lot better than he has. No doubting his ability to get in behind but his delivery is woeful.
    I agree with you about Nemane, surely a professional footballer should be able to find a team mate at least once in a while. The most important pass is usually the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Really? I would say where you’re concerned you are not allowed to praise him.
    Unlike some, i dont think he is has good as you all think.. Its no good being able to beat your man if you cant deliver a decent cross.. That is a skill you have either got or you haven't. In Nemanes case, unfortunately its the latter...

Unlike some, i dont think he is has good as you all think.. Its no good being able to beat your man if you cant deliver a decent cross.. That is a skill you have either got or you haven't. In Nemanes case, unfortunately its the latter...
    I do like Nemane but for the amount of times he gets in really really dangerous positions his end product isnt the best….most likely why he ended up in the NL. That being said, the Nemane that joined the club and the one we see every week now are almost worlds apart. Who’s to say his end product won’t get better and better under LW?

A cross between him and Austin would be great! Austin seems to be one of, if not the, best crossers of the ball in the squad.

Well that’s progress as you constantly used to say he never beats his man.
    I agree that his final ball could be better but have no idea why you think that’s not a learned skill?

Quote Originally Posted by kill_the_drum View Post
    Well that’s progress as you constantly used to say he never beats his man.
    I agree that his final ball could be better but have no idea why you think that’s not a learned skill?
    Thats not correct, I have said he beats his man for for 10 minutes and then fades out...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast