+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Rankings so far

Player Rankings so far

5 games in and my top 5 performers so far would be...

1. Bostock
    2. Palmer
    3. Crowley
    4. Jones
    5. Nemane

many others doing well too
    And I'm feeling like a complete mug for speculating before the season that if there's a weakness this year it might be across the middle line. So far the CMs and wingers have been top class I think (It's a small sample size though, and we still have to see us against the top promotion contenders).

Wouldn't disagree with those 5. Interesting that Didzy and Macca don't feature. Macca has not been as prolific and probably suffers because of that but his work rate is second to none. Didzy started to show signs on Saturday of what we can expect to see from him this season. Forgetting the goals his movement off the ball and link up play is unreal, helps to create the extra space needed for our flair players.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Wouldn't disagree with those 5. Interesting that Didzy and Macca don't feature. Macca has not been as prolific and probably suffers because of that but his work rate is second to none. Didzy started to show signs on Saturday of what we can expect to see from him this season. Forgetting the goals his movement off the ball and link up play is unreal, helps to create the extra space needed for our flair players.
    Yeah, the list of players doing well would be much longer but I limited the list to a top 5. A few players would be making up for a bit of a slow start - Jones I think has already made up for the 1st game with 4 really good ones since.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yeah, the list of players doing well would be much longer but I limited the list to a top 5. A few players would be making up for a bit of a slow start - Jones I think has already made up for the 1st game with 4 really good ones since.
    Absolutely love Jones and I still think he will get better as the team as a whole do. Crowley has really surprised me, I wouldn't say he's necessarily replaced Ruben but he's definitely added another dimension, just love his forward surging runs with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Absolutely love Jones and I still think he will get better as the team as a whole do. Crowley has really surprised me, I wouldn't say he's necessarily replaced Ruben but he's definitely added another dimension, just love his forward surging runs with the ball.
    Yes, of that list, 2nd place between Palmer and Crowley was the toughest for me.

Ruben was always king of the highlights. Even if he had a poor game you'd watch the highlights and see he was still involved in all the moves that mattered. We got that from Crowley on Saturday (the 2nd bit, not the poor game).

The assist to Didzy was about as good as the goal itself. The unexpected turn, the pacy surge and then the amazing pass. The Tranmere manager was talking about that pass being intercepted, but that's taking away from GC because his quick, angled pass was so good.

Then the 2nd goal. In some ways his contribution was as good as Palmer's and Rawlo's. Not only did he see the pass when the defender moved over but he weighted it deliberately for Matty to run onto. Not everyone receiving the ball in that position would've done exactly the same as GC there.

1 Bostock
    2 Palmer
    3 Jones
    4 Crowley
    5 Stone

The first two are stand out players.
    Jones has been superb his ability with his first touch to manoeuvre the ball for an early cross is class. Or to have control to attack defenders.
    Crowley almost as good. Reminds me of Pat Nevin. Thought he might be a bit lightweight but he has been putting in challenges.
    Stone, excellent after being sold down the river at Sutton.
    Nemane needs to do a lot better than he has. No doubting his ability to get in behind but his delivery is woeful.

Then the 2nd goal. In some ways his contribution was as good as Palmer's and Rawlo's. Not only did he see the pass when the defender moved over but he weighted it deliberately for Matty to run onto. Not everyone receiving the ball in that position would've done exactly the same as GC there.
    I think it was his dummy pass that made the THREE defenders all jump in the same direction leaving plenty of room for the pass to Palmer. That kind of play is purely instinctive, long may it continue.

Yes, of that list, 2nd place between Palmer and Crowley was the toughest for me.

Ruben was always king of the highlights. Even if he had a poor game you'd watch the highlights and see he was still involved in all the moves that mattered. We got that from Crowley on Saturday (the 2nd bit, not the poor game).

The assist to Didzy was about as good as the goal itself. The unexpected turn, the pacy surge and then the amazing pass. The Tranmere manager was talking about that pass being intercepted, but that's taking away from GC because his quick, angled pass was so good.

Wouldn't argue with the rankings, but calling him GC reminds me of that bloody awful reality TV woman!

I find a list of 5 somewhat divisive!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wouldn't argue with the rankings, but calling him GC reminds me of that bloody awful reality TV woman!
    Ha ha I can’t bloody stand her

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast