+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Scott out 'for the foreseeable future'

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Sounds like something that could be 4-6 months so not a major ACL or meniscus injury...

Could be any number of things.

The knee is most badly designed joint in the human body. As Father Ted would say 'God, What were you thinking'
    Or just not designed for twisting, turning and impact sports like football?

I watched the lad from Arsenal on the opening game of the season do his ACL under the most innocuous of circumstances. Then you have Gazza v Forest.
    I know having done my knee (as I slid for a ball, the knee plugged and all my weight went through the joint) how unlucky a player can be.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    and was it made worse by continuing ? Another downside to using all our subs, players may feel under pressure to stay on ?
    Was crazy not taking him off the first time he went down especially with his recent fitness issues.

I guess we'll be looking at bringing someone in before the window closes now. Or will we see what Morias has to offer, bit of a gamble though.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    Was crazy not taking him off the first time he went down especially with his recent fitness issues.

I guess we'll be looking at bringing someone in before the window closes now. Or will we see what Morias has to offer, bit of a gamble though.
    I'd opt for a young loanee for now just to make up the numbers. We're quite well covered in this area and should be able to get through to January and re-evaluate.

I think he's being optimistic to feature again this season.

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    I'd opt for a young loanee for now just to make up the numbers. We're quite well covered in this area and should be able to get through to January and re-evaluate.
    Not sure if we’re that well covered - we have Morias, who has played about 30 minutes’ football in six months. I’d hate a player with recent injury problems to be our only option.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    No-one questioning his decision to make all substitutions with 20+ mins to go and whether he'd do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Not sure if we’re that well covered - we have Morias, who has played about 30 minutes’ football in six months. I’d hate a player with recent injury problems to be our only option.
    I’d try being in now someone proven on 12 month deal somebody like Connor Wickham as Morias can’t be relied on injury wise.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Sounds like something that could be 4-6 months so not a major ACL or meniscus injury...

Could be any number of things.

The knee is most badly designed joint in the human body. As Father Ted would say 'God, What were you thinking'
    Not designed, evolved. OK for scampering around on four limbs or climbing trees but not for walking upright. Or playing football.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast