+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 📺Press Conference: Williams Pre-Accrington Stanley

📺Press Conference: Williams Pre-Accrington Stanley

That seemed a well rehearsed news conference. Not one question as to why Scott was not taken off when he first went down...

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    That seemed a well rehearsed news conference. Not one question as to why Scott was not taken off when he first went down...
    Must admit it's disappointing that he wasn't asked, I'd love to hear the answer.

Presumably because he felt he might be able to run it off. Not that complex

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    The question that I wanted ask was the rationale behind using all the subs with 20+ mins still to go and whether he would do it again. The additional time was 10min so 30min before the end of the game. Something is likely to happen isn't it? Dissent, sending off, clumsy tired tackle, or a plain old injury. Keep something up your sleeve next time Mr LW.

It's the same old dynamic that probably happens at all clubs and ultimately makes journalists sycophantic & ingratiating

Even a great guy like LW showed his bristles a bit when Hassell I think (could be wrong) asked him about 'another' defeat against Lincoln.
    It then becomes about access and acceptability around the club - a journalist doing his or her job would soon get a reputation around the club for being awkward. A rare one was the interview with the Yeovil manager Cooper last year by a journo who sounded like he'd been in the game for 40 years and no longer gave a ****

This is just the impression I've gained by watching our journalists over the last few years. In normal times the managers/players hold the cards...

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    The question that I wanted ask was the rationale behind using all the subs with 20+ mins still to go and whether he would do it again. The additional time was 10min so 30min before the end of the game. Something is likely to happen isn't it? Dissent, sending off, clumsy tired tackle, or a plain old injury. Keep something up your sleeve next time Mr LW.
    Well the rationale was giving 5 players game time, as 5 players weren’t even having a bad game and nor was the game going badly for us.
    I don’t see the point asking as that was the answer and also if he says it was a mistake what happens if we go down to 10 again?
    He won’t want to say going down to 10 was a huge disadvantage as it sends the wrong message to the players should it happen again regardless to how it’s come about.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well the rationale was giving 5 players game time, as 5 players weren’t even having a bad game and nor was the game going badly for us.
    I don’t see the point asking as that was the answer and also if he says it was a mistake what happens if we go down to 10 again?
    He won’t want to say going down to 10 was a huge disadvantage as it sends the wrong message to the players should it happen again regardless to how it’s come about.
    Without wishing to labour the point, the game totally changed after the subs last Saturday, it’s very odd he wasn’t asked whether he’d make those subs again, even if his answer is ‘yes, absolutely’.

It would certainly have more worthwhile than repeating a question about what a tough challenge Accrington might prove to be.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Without wishing to labour the point, the game totally changed after the subs last Saturday, it’s very odd he wasn’t asked whether he’d make those subs again, even if his answer is ‘yes, absolutely’.

It would certainly have more worthwhile than repeating a question about what a tough challenge Accrington might prove to be.
    He did the same at Donny so he obviously believes in it and knows full well the risks, similar to never having a keeper on the bench last season.

None of the interviewers have ever been that challenging have they in recent years at least and even when there’s a lot worse happened not much is overly questioned.
    I agree would have been a decent question but wasn’t asked post match either, I think LW has so much Notts success behind him that maybe they think they shouldn’t question his ways, that’s not to say it’s right.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast