+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer deadline day thread

Transfer deadline day thread

As usual leaving it late.
    The Leeds fullback has signed for Blues.

A few rumours going around that we will be selling more players today as we haven't reduced the wage bill enough, wouldn't be surprised if Molumby, BTA and Yokuslu could be sacrificed.

Should be quiet on the incomings front then! Do hope I am wrong though.

As others have already said, if we sell any more players it is likely Corberan will go too

Quote Originally Posted by Stevil81 View Post
    Should be quiet on the incomings front then! Do hope I am wrong though.

As others have already said, if we sell any more players it is likely Corberan will go too
    We really need to move out some of the fringe players / high earners. If we do that and add at least a full back/wing back, whilst keeping our first XI, I'd be pretty happy. My priorities have changed since the BTA news came out!

Diangana, Bartley, Mowatt, Chalobah, Griffiths....hopefully all find new clubs today.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    A few rumours going around that we will be selling more players today as we haven't reduced the wage bill enough, wouldn't be surprised if Molumby, BTA and Yokuslu could be sacrificed.
    If any of those three go I'd be gutted. If all did, it would be an absolute disaster of a day for us.

Corberns press conference was at 9am we might learn a bit more after that, but how do you prepare for the game tomorrow when you don't know which players might be available.

Chelski latest signing, means under their new owners they have passed over the £1bn mark.
    Financial fair play my ar$e

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    If any of those three go I'd be gutted. If all did, it would be an absolute disaster of a day for us.
    I’m gonna ignore all media till after 11 pm..it’s like knowing your missus is gonna get shafted by a richer Bloke and there’s nowt you can do about it..see you later chaps..will post after 11.pm

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Chelski latest signing, means under their new owners they have passed over the £1bn mark.
    Financial fair play my ar$e
    I really don’t understand financial fair play.

It seems to me to just be a tool to allow “big” clubs to remain big and to stop other clubs from reaching those heights.

I’m surprised that no club has challenged this in court, if it was a tool used against an individual it would be regarded as “restraint of trade” which is illegal.

If I was a club owner I’d take a joint action on behalf of my employees against the EPL for restraint of trade.

As far as own position is concerned, we shouldn’t rule out the sale of any player today.

Lai has to ensure we don’t go into administration as he loses control of the club and it’s assets at that point.

We could lose anyone today and any number of players, I think today will tell us a lot about the true state of affairs behind the scene.

I can see BTA going in the last couple of hours of the window to a lower range Premier League club for £7m or thereabouts.

Bournemouth, Sheff Utd, Burnley, Palace and even Luton are possibly going to look at him, if not them then an EFL club who’s started well this season.

Another out going
    Rayhaan Tulloch on loan to Bradford

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)