+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibernian

And one of them was eeking through against Stirling, let's not forget that.

If you haven't pished your pants by now, there's something wrong with you.

On the plus side, at least we won't get beat for another two weeks.

I'm sure Donsdaft will be on to tell us how we're all wrong and Robson just needs more time. At his age he is used to pishing his pants so I guess we should follow his expert advice.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    I'm sure Donsdaft will be on to tell us how we're all wrong and Robson just needs more time. At his age he is used to pishing his pants so I guess we should follow his expert advice.
    I'm sure we'll have a hundred of your posts to enjoy this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormungand View Post
    I'm sure we'll have a hundred of your posts to enjoy this evening.
    Your point being?

What style of football is it that Barry says we’re really good at? Fast transitions, high energy, high press, pressing as a group and falling back in numbers when needed. Aside from the goals, we were brutally exposed on at least two or three occasions with 2 V 1 and we were lucky not to lose goals with those Hibs attacks. We offered virtually nothing in attack and our only hope was what would have been a soft penalty. In reality, we are boring to watch, there’s no invention in the team, we switch off in defence all too often and we are joint bottom of the league. Europe will bring in some cash but that’s all we will achieve from it and it seems that the penalty will be our league form which looks to have gone from (perhaps) mediocre to truly and utterly abysmal. Very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    What style of football is it that Barry says we’re really good at? Fast transitions, high energy, high press, pressing as a group and falling back in numbers when needed. Aside from the goals, we were brutally exposed on at least two or three occasions with 2 V 1 and we were lucky not to lose goals with those Hibs attacks. We offered virtually nothing in attack and our only hope was what would have been a soft penalty. In reality, we are boring to watch, there’s no invention in the team, we switch off in defence all too often and we are joint bottom of the league. Europe will bring in some cash but that’s all we will achieve from it and it seems that the penalty will be our league form which looks to have gone from (perhaps) mediocre to truly and utterly abysmal. Very disappointed.
    A reasoned comment which I can't disagree with, since Livingston we've been all those things and Robson changing it up FINALLY to 4-4-2 just shows that he hasn't a clue before the match starts how best to handle the opponent.

Okay here we go again.

I like every Dons fan was happy we got 3rd place last season. But let’s put that run into context after Goodwin’s departure. We had no cup games after the Darrell disaster so our players had no midweek games to add to our fixture list. I think this kept our players fresh legs for the upcoming weekend match. Also most important we had Mitty Pollock in central defence. He was vastly our best player consistently last season, not Duk or Shinnie or Miovski. So come the summer we lose Ramadani and our brilliant recruitment team find Rubezic and sign him and right now he is dreadful, but a fitting replacement for the ****e Anthony Stewart. Biggest **** up was selling Ramadani with no replacement. Now there are wide spaces between a **** defence and midfield. I don’t think Ramadani was outstanding but his absence or a player like him is so obvious now. But we did sign Nicky Devlin from Livingstone who is cheap but lacklustre right wingback. Another problem I have is Duk! Surely any manager worth his salt would have made sure Duk would come back from summer hols not overweight and unfit. He should have been put on a strict and diet regime to adhere too over the close season, and fined for not adhering to it. Duk loos overweight thus depriving him of his lightning speed. An experienced manager would not have allowed this to happen.

So in conclusion we have appointed an inexperienced manager with no tactical nous, an incompetent recruitment team, and a team with a threadbare midfield.
    This is all on Cormack’s watch but I am sure the Local papers will come out with an interview from one of our no mark players with the usual pathetic platitudes. Robson is not the answer that’s for sure.

Good points, Kennedy.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast