+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We cannot defend for toffee!!

We cannot defend for toffee!!

On this showing it's going to be a long hard season; 11 goals conceded in 3 games. No proper Left back selected at this level it wont do. I dont think we can 442, we are too exposed. It embarrassing at present we are easy meat. Best defence to worst at present Tactical options boys??
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 02-09-2023 at 03:34 PM.

It could end up double figures 🤨

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    It could end up double figures ��
    Yes, on this showing it would not shock me. Vinny needs to rethink.

Glad I am away on holiday, can’t remember when I last missed a match but to use Vk’s words after City “That is the worse you will see us play”. How wrong that is against Villa terrible and now spanked at home by Spurs. Spent a chunk of cash for this dross it looks like we will be lucky to pick up any points this season. All of a sudden VK’s judge of player seems very suspect and the players in do not look good enough. Basically we are pathetic if this continues Vk’s reign will be short and we will be bankrupt. Why we never went in for Harwood Bellis is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Glad I am away on holiday, can’t remember when I last missed a match but to use Vk’s words after City “That is the worse you will see us play”. How wrong that is against Villa terrible and now spanked at home by Spurs. Spent a chunk of cash for this dross it looks like we will be lucky to pick up any points this season. All of a sudden VK’s judge of player seems very suspect and the players in do not look good enough. Basically we are pathetic if this continues Vk’s reign will be short and we will be bankrupt. Why we never went in for Harwood Bellis is beyond me.
    Agreed Lancaster; the teams spine now looks really poor at this level. Vinny is going to have to earn his money now I think. THB signing was a no brainer really and now he's at Southampton!!

Whose fault is that ? Wasn’t Kompany a defender ?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Agreed Lancaster; the teams spine now looks really poor at this level. Vinny is going to have to earn his money now I think. THB signing was a no brainer really and now he's at Southampton!!
    And Soton lost 5-0 today, so even worse than Burnley.

Strange team choices at the moment. Roberts is a good RB and is played as LB. CT is a perfectly good LB, who played well in the PL before, not even in the squad. Al Dakhil, a CB is played at RB and was responsible for two of Spurs goals by mistakes.

Brownhill came on and was our best player with one goal and two near misses, energy and bite. Berge made one good run and pass in the first half, then disappeared. Cork came on and along with Brownhill got at Spurs. We looked more threatening. Cullen was anonymous really.

I am not convinced that the goalie is up to it. He may have cost a lot and have potential but his distribution was not great today and did not look secure when pressed. Muric is a better choice in my book. Beyer needs to be careful with his Beckenbauer like runs into midfield. He has done it twice now and been disposed both times, exposing the defence.

Foster put in a shift and fought for the ball. Amdouni could have done better, missing the target. Bruun Larson looked strong on the ball and I would pick him over Oleachu at the moment. At times with Spurs it was men against boys.

The good news is that we will not be facing that quality every week. The bad news is that we are now bottom of the league

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    It’s nothing to do with the players gentlemen it’s the system that’s defunked at this level - we are what I would call inept , our problem is midfield when the press is broken through we have no answer ( pace is the critical thing and we have none to chase back - the back 4 are under pressure straight away.

We do have issues that we’ve discussed last week and this in that Dakhil isn’t strong enough , Berg can not play in this system at this level as he’s very slow ( not a bad footballer I think but sadly in the prem it’s a no from me ).

Left backs playing right back - centre backs playing left back and so it goes on - JBG starting a game at all

Not my place to say but VK should stop the high press we can’t play it well enough - bring Brownhill back and play Taylor left back and Robert’s right back - Larson out wide on what I saw last week and today - doesn’t waste a ball plays sensibly and is capable at this level.

Play Delacroix and Beyer centrally I think and extra man in midfield until we can stop shipping goals for fun.

The system though is wrong we don’t have the players to enforce it.

Need to sort back 5 out.Roberts shouldn’t be playing LB - get him back to RB and play Taylor LB. Al Dakhil and Beyer CBS.Al Dakhil can’t play RB and Roberts isn’t left footed.
    Our midfield is slow - Cullen is finding PL a yard too quick and Berge a liability
    The high press leaves us exposed and teams know what we are going to do and just pick us off
    Today the playing out from the back was clueless- it looked like they had never practiced it.
    On a positive Foster ran his t*ts off and looks a useful player.Amdouni and Koleosho tried hard.
    15 new players in but no left back in today’s squad
    We are also as in previous years too soft in the tackle and get outmuscled in 50-50s
    Brownhill needs to start.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)