+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Fantastic game, not just because we won, but how we won. Here's the middle finger to a poster who a couple of days ago wrote some vile stuff about MT and one or two players, disgusting posts. Well I hope right now he is choking on his bile. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Bradgate View Post
    Fantastic game, not just because we won, but how we won. Here's the middle finger to a poster who a couple of days ago wrote some vile stuff about MT and one or two players, disgusting posts. Well I hope right now he is choking on his bile. UTM
    Would that be Walt?

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    A win as I predicted.

Outstanding football.

This is proper stuff not like the turgid Warnie- style

He is building something special here.
    ibs, no praise for Jordan or does that make you choke? Anyway, he's up and running 1 down and 9 to go....

I was confident in this game (not many were) and stuck my neck out on a 3-1 win so you would guess I’m disappointed.

Get the **** innnnnnn a fantastic game, we made them panic in first half (probably underestimated us) Wagner **** off man with your excuse.

Yes ref did ok but still there was bias there especially in 2nd half.

How fantastic were Dexter and Hugill’s goals, if you can’t see what they do then I can’t help you.
    How Hugill doesn’t go off injured every game is beyond me

Motm Dexter but give them all a pat on back

GET INNNNNNNNNNNNN SUPER MATTY TAYLORRRR

Get me a drink I’m knackered after that display
    Last edited by millertop; 02-09-2023 at 05:29 PM.

Very impressive 1st half how we counter defended really high up the pitch and forced them just to go long.

When we did get it. Perhaps the best Rotherham team in possession I've seen in a very long time.

Our 2 goals wouldn't look out of place in the championship play offs..

Obviosuly couldn't keep that up the entire game. Last thing we needed was them scoring straight away in the 2nd half and it took us 70 minutes to do something in the final 3rd. Dropped off too deep at the end but kept them out thankfully. So many good battling performances but clever in possession too.

We've only got what 14 maybe 15 players to get as many points to safety in the champ. They can do it. But how much we need to dip into the squad who aren't good enough will define our season?

What a fantastic display of football from a long ball team in the 1st half. Obviously they'd press us back in the 2nd half, and when they scored early I, and 9000 other millers, thought this is it now. But we held on well in the end.
    Not 1 bad performance for us. Cohen played really well considering the bad press of him lately. Well done pal.
    Dexter rigthly won the MOM, but I'd have given it him if he hadn't scored. Cafu, Tiehi and many more were outstanding. All they all did 90+ mins, so that bodes well for the future.
    Nombe and Eaves didn't pull any tree's up but they both came on when we were defending, lets judge Nombe when we're attacking like in the 1st half.
    Well done to MT...........and TS of course.

That midfield trio were a joy to watch in the first half and Christ is the one that knits it all together. He was outstanding.

Mention to the Norwich fans. I walked to the car near Millmoor and they were very pragmatic and friendly.

Much, much better today.

I think the biggest difference is how much more lethal we look up at the top third. If anything Chieo leaving as helped us away from the system both Warne and Taylor used last season.

Rathbone and Cafu were bordering unplayable at times today. Much better showing from Cafu all round - Looks like he's gelling into the role.

Hugill did well, worked hard and unlike earlier in the season he has some real pace and ability next to him.

Long way to go, but if we can get this level out of the squad we will be clear with nothing to fear.

Just a sensational first half which saw us play some top quality championship football. As good as Norwich were, we matched them all around the pitch and fully deserved our 2-0 lead. Their early second half goal unsettled us and, of course, boosted them. One thing I would like MT to work on is to hammer into our guys just how good they are. Unfortunately, our composure on the ball went awol in the second half and there were several hurried clearances when the short passing game that we played in the first would have eased the pressure and not invited Norwich onto us so easily.

Having said that, we had several really good opportunities in the 2nd half to nick a 3rd which would have be welcomed by my heart which was at bursting point!

I echo the complimentary remarks about the Norwich fans. Great in the NY Tavern before the game, and on the way home I stopped at a service station near Sleaford with about 50 of them queuing for KFC. Not one derogatory comment and all recognised what a great display the Millers had put on. Quality!

Wow! Absolutely loved that. Blood pressure shot up a few times in second half but we deserved the win and every single player did their bit.
    I'm a fan of Bramall and he was excellent again today. Cafu, how did we manage to bring him to Rotherham? What a player! Dexter and Fred were immense, what a fantastic goal from Dexter and his celebration showed what it meant to him.
    The Viking was solid and did what he needed to do to keep us in front. Green played well, Ollie put in a true captains performance. Blackett and Humphreys did their jobs well and Tiehi was the one piecing it all together.
    I think Eaves did good when he came on and when he had the ball in the box you could just feel 9000 Millers really wanting the lad to score. It will come. Nombe needs to adapt to the step up in division but he'll get there, as has been said, he came on at a time when Norwich were pushing the game and he didn't get to settle into any rhythm.
    That just leaves one man. Hugill. Never stopped running and pushing all game, won every header and was so glad he got a goal to reward his performance. He has his critics, and he might not be a 20 goal a season striker, but he contributes so much and with the right support and style we'll see more and more from him.

Taylor is doing a great job, long may it continue

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast