+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Norwich City Post Match Thoughts

Well well! How many saw that coming after the midweek performance? By all accounts a couple of nice goals and as usual one given away as a gift but a backs to the wall 2nd half saw us stand up and be counted. Delighted for Dexter getting his first league goal and for Hugill to get the winner against his old team, one that we very rarely beat. Let's be 'avin' you Delia! How did the million pound Miller fare on his debut?

Thoughts?

Haven't been or seen it but the result speaks for itself. A fabulous way to go into the 2 week break. I can only presume that the lack of subs was purely down to a lack of options from the bench. Add in Kelly,Oddofin,Ferguson,Lindsay,Hall,Revan and even Peltier to the matchday proceedings then we will be a whole lot more solid.That is one hell of a chunk missing for a club like ours in the Champ!

A win as I predicted.

Outstanding football.

This is proper stuff not like the turgid Warnie- style

He is building something special here.

so many positives from that game.
    1. Bramall amazing performance, so determined after last week
    2. Cafu - class we have our dan replacement
    3. Christ - how many balls and tackles did he win
    4. Dexter - this lad has a wonderful future
    5. Blackett and Humphreys look so cool
    6. Hugill - really gave it everything a very good performance
    7. Ollie a real captain
    8. Fred and Green really showing some quality and calmness on the ball
    A word for the ref, what a good sensible job he did, how Barnes was not booked and still on the pitch is beyond me, Ollie was lucky as well.
    Championship toughest league in the world, anyone can beat anyone every week is a battle

Last bit of praise to Tom eaves, he did very well when he came on and was so unlucky in the box, Nombe will have realised how hard the Championship is after that and how quick you have to think

Brilliant game and result. We've got a really good squad of footballers now, the best that I've seen after watching the Millers for almost 60 years. I think a good example of how good we are is that Ollie Rathbone isn't getting the m.o.m. week in and week out, he's now become an "also ran", such is the quality in the team. We can now take on any team in the Championship without fear of getting a hammering. There wasn't a bad performance from anyone today and with a bit more accuracy in our passing we could have had more goals, especially in the second half when Norwich were chasing the game. It's a shame that we've got this irritating break in momentum for a couple of weeks.

I don’t know what to do with myself.
    Moved me to tears. The character in our team is unbelievable.

Hopefully all our other players will be back after the international break.
    Have a great night fellow Millers.

simply stunning - agree that MT backed by good staff and TS are building something special here - a very promising work in progress

Outstanding performance to a man and all orchestrated by our "disaster" of a manager Matt Taylor. What a team Taylor has put together. We finally look like we belong in the Championship. All the signs were there against Leicester, you just had to see and believe.

Many, many positives but I'm so pleased for Hughill. He leads the line so well and it was the icing on a very very tasty cake for him to get what proved to be the winning goal.

This is a great feeling. Enjoy everybody.

Like what's been said there wasn't a below par display from any of our players today two great goals at half time under the SW stand never heard our fans so up beat. Players are getting up to speed now showed today. Praise fot MT & Tony Stewart for the quality shown out there today. This side deserves as many home fans as we can get at the NYS it's a joy to watch.

Great performance, particularly in the first half, and some really good football played topped off by two outstanding goals. You ask about Nombe. Obviously you can't judge a player on half an hour but let's just say he failed to impress in any department.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast