+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Accrington Stanley

Chicksen would get a 4, he had an horrendous first 10 minutes when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    Stone - 7.5 One big error, two big saves and can see why we signed him when he's that comfortable on the ball and can properly distribute

Rawlo - 6.5 Usual from Connell , never totally comfortable on the ball , not mobile but committed.

Brindley - 8 The contrast to his Sutton performance was night and day

Cameron - 7 Solid but no more

Nemane - 6.5 Struggled against Stanley's best performer but performed the defensive side of the game well

Palmer - 8 One horrible error , a dodgy spell but the rest of sublime.

Bostock - 7.5 Was better and more involved at Doncaster but still very impressive.

Jones - 7.5 Fan favourite and rightly so.

Crowley - 7 Another goal and very comfortable on the ball and careful with it although quiet in the second and right to subbed

Didzy - 7.5 did very well aerially, disturbing the centre halves and winning plenty of flick ons. Some moments of class, key player

Macca - 8.5 Quiet first half , lots not coming off, poor touch/lay off but effort was outstanding. Worked so hard, second half two fantastic finishes, and unlucky not to have a hat trick
    Agree with these ratings

Macca "The Laughin' Assassin"!
    An absolute pleasure to watch. Never stops buzzing, never stops looking for the ball, never stops .... just never stops, full stop! I was half thinking that a loss today wouldn't be such a bad thing if it reminded us that this is very much a learning curve and not to get ahead of ourselves. But we dealt with most things very well (including a couple of howlers!) and the confidence shown by the players only bodes well for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Stone - 6
    Rawlinson - 6
    Brindley - 7
    Cameron - 8 MoM
    Nemane - 6
    Palmer - 7
    Bostock - 7
    Jones - 6
    Crowley - 7
    McGoldrick - 7
    Langstaff - 8
    All subs - 6
    Be interested to know how you came to your MOTM, especially as he lost his man for their goal. What did he do to play better than Brindley, Palmer, Bostock, Crowley, Didzy and Macca?

totally impressed how we dealt with the acca challenge today. I'd say it would be a mistake to dwell too much on individual defensive errors, when overall defensively we bested a dangerous side.

Nemane is the kind of players who will always divide opinion. The good news is we have Tobi, Austin and Randall who will push for that spot. Last year has probably left all of us with a warped view of what is a good performance. These are proper teams now and we’re above all of them in the table. We’ll win more games and this year because of Stone/Macca heroics and that’s fine. Other games we’ll win dominantly and we’ll likely take a few more drubbings along the way as well. In my opinion, it’s a great win and performance against the ‘at the time’ 3rd best team in the league.

Accrington were certainly no pushovers today and I felt Notts did well to overcome them. The visitors posed lots of problems for the Magpies but after the teams turned around at half time Notts became much more potent and incisive. A sound three points and how great is it, albeit it being early days, to see Notts heading the division!

Stone - 7.5 Four key saves. Assured with the ball at his feet. He's winning me over.

Rawlo - 6 Very steady and dependable, as always. You know what you're going to get with Rawlo, he never lets the team down. Admirable.

Brindley - 7 Excels in the centre of defence. Feel it's his best position.

Cameron - 6 I've wondered if he's had a confidence problem for a little while. Not a bad game and I think he can be better.

Nemane - 6 I like the potential threat of having Nemane around. Struggled with that today but there will be many better days.

Palmer - 7 The assist for Macca's second goal was sublime. One error apart, the usual immaculate Palmer performance we've come to take for granted.

Bostock - 7 Typically assured performance from him.Has great quality.

Jones - 7 Settled well into his LWB role, always offers a threat going forward and works hard defensively.

Crowley - 7 Beautifully taken goal. I think the best is yet to come from him, and it will.

McGoldrick - 7 Showed his class and experience repeatedly. Another player who I think will improve even more through the season.

Macca - 8 Two wonderful striker's finishes. His workrate today was simply outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Come on then, some difficult ratings today as it was a bit of the ‘Good, Bad and the Ugly’ at times against a very difficult opponent. I was really pleased with the fight we showed to turn around a game that what was slowly becoming a bit of a slog.

Stone - Three or four great saves, but also some scarily bad moments too. Can see why he was nominated for MOTM, but he wasn’t mine - 7.5

Rawlo - Our right hand side was clearly targeted and him, Crowley and Nemane struggled as Accrington equalised and started to take control. Thought he did ok but rarely passed forward when we were being pressed high even though passes were on. Unfairly subbed again I thought - 7

Brindley - It’s like having the Brindley that IB uncovered back again. Calm, intuitive and progressive. Has made a big difference at the back in this CB role. Good performance - 8

Cameron - Much better overall from the captain but lost his man for their goal I think? Best I’ve seen him for a long time, against the best opposition as well, and no stupid falling over either, happy days - 7.5

Nemane - Not his best game and their LB had him in his pocket. Some really poor deliveries too. He has credit in my bank but he can do better. No lack of effort - 6.5

Palmer - Apart from an uncharacteristic dodgy last ten minute in the first half he was just brilliant. All over the pitch dictating play and a wonderful assist for Macca’s second goal - 8

Bostock - Didn’t reach the same heights as last week but like Palmer was really good again. Mixing play and giving some much needed help in defence…another good game for him. Love his passion for the club. He and Palmer are a delight to watch - 8

Jones - Really growing into his LWB role. Was a handful for the first 30 minutes and delivered a delicious cross for the opener. Performed his defensive duties well too. Stupid yellow card - 7.5

Crowley - After last week I tried to watch with fresh eyes. He took that headed goal beautifully, especially for such a small guy. Took and held the ball really well in a combative game and worked hard. Can’t help but feel I’m missing something with him though….still not super excited by him. Perhaps he’s just no my cup of tea, yet - 7.5

Didzy - Wasn’t involved as much as last week but Accrington were a totally different proposition to Tranmere. That being said, his physicality was ***** when we went long to get past the press….and it paid off as his flick on went to Macca for his first goal. Was surprised to see him go off as he was a big outlet for us - 7.5

Macca - Tireless. Pressing, reading the game, getting involved, interrupting their passes. Two wonderful goals of high quality finishing and unlucky not to have a hatrick. Brilliant . I love Macca, MOTM performance! - 8.5
    Unfairly subbed??? He was absolutely knackered at least 10 minutes before being subbed.
    From the start they targeted him and Nemane with most of their attacks coming down our right side
    Nemane is not a great defender and Rawlo is not very quick.

Stone 7 - dropped a basic cross early and nearly gifted a goal, but some really good saves otherwise.
    Rawlinson 6 - usual solid game.
    Brindley 7 - continued his good form in the centre of a back 3, did ok when we went to a back 4.
    Cameron 7 - defended well and some good forward moments.
    Nemane 6 - a bit mixed, his defensive work was as good as the attacking side.
    Palmer 6.5 - more misplaced passes than usual, but a great ball for the third.
    Bostock 6.5 - got better as the game progressed, worked hard all over the pitch.
    Jones 6 - apart from the opening goal, his crossing was lacking today.
    Crowley 6.5 - did well to beat bigger defenders for his goal, but a bit mixed otherwise.
    McGoldrick 7 - his class shone through at times, always posed a threat.
    Langstaff 7.5*- a quiet first half and after the early second half misses I thought it wasn't going to be his day, but he stuck at at and got his rewards. The first was individual brilliance, back to goal on the 18 yard box and nothing on, but a quick turn and sublime finish. Second goal was classy, dinking the ball over the onrushing keeper.

Baldwin 6 - did what he had to do.
    Chicksen 6 - played into trouble with a couple of poor passes, but competed well.
    TAR 6 - offered an outlet for the long balls on the right.
    Austin 6 - not overly involved, but did ok.

We were below our best but I think we played a good team. Accy were fast and physical without being dirty, and offered a good test. It was touch and go but we came out with 3 points. That opening day nightmare at Sutton seems a long time ago!

Stone man of the match for his save after Palmer's mistake, total game changer, even without the three or four other really important saves. One howler, but that was always likely in that period, as we were starting to play far too many short passes between him and the defence. One or two aimless kicks down the middle, but improved when having TAR as an outlet on the wing, as in previous games.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast