+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who comes in for Jones? (Malta int. duty)

Who comes in for Jones? (Malta int. duty)

Just saw Jones post on Twitter about going away for Malta duty now and my heart sank a bit (delighted for him obviously) because he’s been a real sensation for us this season, his crossing has been out of this world and he tracks back so well that his defensive efforts often go unnoticed he’s that naturally well suited in this role.

Had completely forgotten that we’ll be without him for the MK fixture at least and maybe Salford too, anyone know for sure? 2 huge huge difficult games away from home where we could really do with having our strongest 11.

So the big question then - Who fills his shoes?

Chicksen like for like in a similar role to last season, more solid defensively but means we lose some potency on the left in attack, will we be heavily reliant on Nemane down the right like we we’re at times last season?

Can Austin play on the left in Jones role? He’s shown he can do it on the right in place of Nemane.

Does Williams change up the formation all together or have an ace up his sleeve?

Interesting predicament to say the least, just a shame as feel Jones is arguably our best/most effective player right now in terms of threat and chance creation, he’s bang in form, bad time to lose him even for 2 games.
    Last edited by CheezyNCFC; 02-09-2023 at 09:16 PM.

Be amazed if it was anyone other than Chicksen. Two tough away games so slightly balancing the side in that direction isn’t necessarily the worst thing.

For god sake not Chicksen he was awful when he came on today lost it numerous times in front of me in the pavis trying backenbauers and getting caught out

Chicksen or if he is back fit Randall

Looked into it and Malta play on the 6th and 12th of Sept, so in terms of league matches Jones misses MK Dons for sure and likely finds himself on the bench for Salford I would imagine given we play them on Friday the 15th of Sept, only 3 days after his 2nd Malta game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Chicksen or if he is back fit Randall
    Forgot about Randall, he’s the ideal like for like replacement but is he even fit enough to make the match day squad never mind the starting 11? Doubt LW will throw him in, think he’ll go with Chicksen personally but I’d like to see Austin introduced and given a chance there for his crossing ability and work rate alone.

To answer the OP, Chicksen.

Chicksen. I can't see who else with match fitness plays LWB.

Chicksen - no question

Quote Originally Posted by CheezyNCFC View Post
    Looked into it and Malta play on the 6th and 12th of Sept, so in terms of league matches Jones misses MK Dons for sure and likely finds himself on the bench for Salford I would imagine given we play them on Friday the 15th of Sept, only 3 days after his 2nd Malta game.
    I hope Williams does have a plan that doesn’t significantly weaken us. Looking further ahead he will also miss Mansfield 14th October and Bradford 18th November. So in addition to to MK Dons and Salford, he is missing 4 games against sides that will be looking at the top 7.

To answer the OP, likely to be Chicks but wouldn’t mind seeing Sam Austin.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast