+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tu rdtowns On Youtube Tells It Like It Is....

Smile Tu rdtowns On Youtube Tells It Like It Is....

Don't know if turds is a swear word but I have ben following this blokes channel since it started and it is absolutely brilliant to get an idea of how the towns/cities in the UK really are like right now, he compares crime rates, walks around, job situations, house prices and even sticks a drone up so you can get a good look at the places from high up.

And goodness me there are some shockers, towns in the Welsh valleys were jaw dropping - picture Wigton only with the shops all boarded up and you are get a mental picture.

The bloke who makes the videos does it in a really balanced way with loads of humour thrown in, there is a town in Wales that they built on a massive hill that ended up a disaster story once nobody wanted to live there so they shipped in a mix of undesirables and unemployed and the result was as expected, I need to have a look again but I am sure there was a town with a chemical plant in it where residents life expectancy was something like sixty odd.

Wherever you live it is understood that the high street has taken a kicking, with out of town supermarkets now selling everything that you could possibly want taking trade away, the problems of parking in towns or cities, cost and of course many of the high street names going under.

We can all moan that Carlisle isn't what it was for shopping but you should take a look at some of this guys short films and you will be glad for what you have, ahem - West Cumbria took a complete hoofing when he came up here just the other week to film but he obviously views it on how it is from an outsiders point of view and it includes a few surprises in there, incredibly funny in parts, although number one wont come as a surprise for many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rajy...nnel=Turdtowns

Then he does a SPECIAL on Carlisle!! I was amazed that he got it bang on the head, Carlisle United gets a massive 'thumbs up' and whilst watching it I was so proud that I actually got a lump in my throat.

This is a 'must see' for the folk of Carlisle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...nnel=Turdtowns

Did a quick search on YouTube for turdtowns Nottingham but there doesn’t seem to be one 😎

You can find faults with any city if yiou look hard enough but I will have a look on the link later tonight when I get home,I bet that he didn’t venture over to The Crossings after dark though did he?

It is relatively new Chalky to be fair, the lad keeps asking for recommendations so you have the joy of looking forward to the Nottinghamshire episode.

Mainly done the south west where it seems that he comes from.

Wanted to look at Bristol when in the past I drove past it but after watching that particular episode then I am glad that I didn't - looks grim.

The last time I was at Nottingham Chalky they had turned the centre into a beach, water as well as fountains and shedloads of sand and wooden pubs on the decking done like beach bars.

It was extremely popular and seemed to be well appreciated - I was actually rather impressed as it must have cost a bit as it was quite large.

It was a nice sunny day however.

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post

The last time I was at Nottingham Chalky they had turned the centre into a beach, water as well as fountains and shedloads of sand and wooden pubs on the decking done like beach bars.

It was extremely popular and seemed to be well appreciated - I was actually rather impressed as it must have cost a bit as it was quite large.

It was a nice sunny day however.
    Thst would the Nottingham by the Sea event which is run annually now crusha,I haven’t seen it myself but it’s extremely popular and on for around a month

I watched it last night and did enjoy it but I’m never going to Cumbria again,I never realised that it was so bad and would feel far safer in inner city Nottingham with all of the local crack heads and nut jobs,at least we only eat marrows

I’ve never,ever seen a PIP Consultation Centre before like they have in Barrow,it’s like they are encouraging you to go sick long term or summat and what the chuff is that orange water in Whitehaven all about,there’s no way that I’m gonna dip my toes in that,but at least he mentioned the rip of prices of boat trips on Windermere but other places sounded like you are taking your life in your hands if you are an outsider

Something else that irkes me no end is having to apologise for being a part of the slave trade,I know that it wrong and a terrible part of English history but why should City’s be feel the need to apologise for something that happened a couple of hundred years ago,it wouldn’t suprise if we was forced to take the knee in memory of them soon if the wokes have there way, when are the French and Danes going to apologise to us about invading England eh,I’m gonna get a petition going to make them apologise
    Last edited by Chauncey; 04-09-2023 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post

Then he does a SPECIAL on Carlisle!! I was amazed that he got it bang on the head, Carlisle United gets a massive 'thumbs up' and whilst watching it I was so proud that I actually got a lump in my throat.

This is a 'must see' for the folk of Carlisle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...nnel=Turdtowns
    Carlisle on the other hand sounds ace,nice shopping area,friendly locals and a traditional football ground,what’s there not to like… well the other places that surround Carlisle but let’s finish on a positive eh

West Cumbria is not that bad I don't think Chalky as in being rough, if I am bored I sometimes I go for a drive over there - just to take in the scenery en-route and a change of shops if anything else.

He is right though in the aspect of it can be very grim in places, I've never felt threatened there though.

With Cumbria being so isolated you can nearly always find a quiet spot on the coast and you will barely see anyone doing the same thing.

The comments below the Whitehaven bit Chalky about the brown water is that it is naturally occurring due to an old mine underneath it so they are trying to sort it.

At first sight it looks like an area where they store turds.

Barrow is proper weird though - they will admit to you that they don't like outsiders.

They want to keep their 'gene' to themselves.

Walney however is beautiful, at a guess it is where the rich people live who build the submarines

Weird thing is that I have never been offered drugs by strangers up here or when I lived near you in the midlands.

Being offered a wrap of mystery powder by a hooded ruffian is the thing of low grade tv dramas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)