+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Devante Cole

Definitely improved in the finishing and workrate departments
    Could do with abit more strength in holding up the ball and the hustling/ratting aspect which we miss without Norwood
    Hope this will come in time
    His demeanour & body language troubles me
    But maybe that’s just how he is

My main criticism of him last season, was that in the squad we had and the season we had and under that manager... he should have got a lot more than 15, as our top scorer.
    With all the improved bits he's showing this season though, and how he's started regarding scoring goals, this really should be his best season yet!. 👍

Devante is having a splendid season. Play Up, young man, Play Up !

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    My main criticism of him last season, was that in the squad we had and the season we had and under that manager... he should have got a lot more than 15, as our top scorer.
    With all the improved bits he's showing this season though, and how he's started regarding scoring goals, this really should be his best season yet!. ��
    The point is though Acido is that he was our top goal scorer , should not the criticism have been aimed at the other strikers in the squad who obviously scored less than him ? , personally I did not see anything wrong with our goal return , goals were scored all around the team which I think is a lot better , putting the pressure on 2 or 3 players to score our goals is not the best way , injuries , loss of form etc can turn the tap off but the way the team accumulate goals is more productive , we already have more than half a dozen different scorers this season but with out a doubt Cole has & is doing a great job , long may that continue

It helps when that happens of course, and we've always done well with attacking goalscoring midfielders.
    But strikers are paid to score and can't keep hoping that the rest of the team will bail them out.
    Not that I'm saying Cole thought that, but I just think he should have got way more than 15.

It helps when that happens of course, and we've always done well with attacking goalscoring midfielders.
    But strikers are paid to score and can't keep hoping that the rest of the team will bail them out.
    Not that I'm saying Cole thought that, but I just think he should have got way more than 15.
    He probably would have done if he played for a team that get penalties , you have to remember that a lot of leading scorers for other teams take the spot kicks , Smith at the Wendies for example , Cole didn"t have that luxury .

Well yeah, but that's another argument altogether isn't it lol. Why the refs turned down so many of our genuine penalty claims last season.
    Having said that though, would Cole be our regular taker ?.

Well yeah, but that's another argument altogether isn't it lol. Why the refs turned down so many of our genuine penalty claims last season.
    Having said that though, would Cole be our regular taker ?.
    You would probably think so being that it was our previous top scorer in Woodrow who had the job before, but being as we don"t get spot kicks its guess work !!

A thowt Phillips took our only penalty in the league last season at Forest Green. It got saved then he scooard from rebound. Might be wrong mind but a know one thing, wi due some penalties.

I don’t think we will need to rely on penalties this season to go up. I’d share it about, and let all of them take one in turns….

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12