+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Devante Cole

Devante Cole

He's matured into a good player. He's proven me wrong this last 12 months as I always thought that his attitude was suspect and was holding him back. It’s been a great start to the season for the lad. His workrate is great and movement excellent. I hope he can keep it up and do himself justice in the last few years of his career. It was a very calm and composed finish yesterday at Cheltenham, a chance he would've probably snatched at and missed a couple of years ago. Keep it up Devante lad, tha'll always get backing from Reds fans for hard work. The goals are deserved 👏

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    He's matured into a good player. He's proven me wrong this last 12 months as I always thought that his attitude was suspect and was holding him back. It’s been a great start to the season for the lad. His workrate is great and movement excellent. I hope he can keep it up and do himself justice in the last few years of his career. It was a very calm and composed finish yesterday at Cheltenham, a chance he would've probably snatched at and missed a couple of years ago. Keep it up Devante lad, tha'll always get backing from Reds fans for hard work. The goals are deserved 👏
    Took it very well Pass , full of confidence and confidence is the name of the game as a striker .

As you say let's hope he keeps it up .

I agree p&m I used to think his work rate was poor and at one point I would have gladly got shut but I’ve certainly changed my mind on him.
    If you follow him in a game he’s tracking back and help his defense at corners and he’s a lot more skill than people give him credit for so I’m looking forward to seeing how he does alongside Cosgrove.

I have noticed one thing about his game this season which appears to have improved his game unless I am imagining it & that he is making angled runs across defenders more especially from set pieces & in the 6 yard box, now I might be adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5 but could it be John Steads work with him on the training ground as I understand he does a lot of one to one work with players, but to highlight what I mean his goal against Wigan last week is a perfect example , anyway what ever has happened to his game has brought about improvement & if he remains injury free then he is set for a more than useful season.

I’ve never doubted his ability and the more starts he got his all round work rate and positioning improved.
    Well done Devante lad.

If he continues he will be gone in January then!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I have noticed one thing about his game this season which appears to have improved his game unless I am imagining it & that he is making angled runs across defenders more especially from set pieces & in the 6 yard box, now I might be adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 5 but could it be John Steads work with him on the training ground as I understand he does a lot of one to one work with players, but to highlight what I mean his goal against Wigan last week is a perfect example , anyway what ever has happened to his game has brought about improvement & if he remains injury free then he is set for a more than useful season.
    You could well be right Shads.

Duff & Collins both playing their trade in defence and Devaney mid field - Stead could well play a key role in developing all our strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    If he continues he will be gone in January then!
    Come on Perks tha knows that kind of talk is verboten!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Excellent observation Shadders. Keep adding them strings to his bow and he'll get better and better. His favva must've edda few good pointers for him n all

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I agree p&m I used to think his work rate was poor and at one point I would have gladly got shut but I’ve certainly changed my mind on him.
    If you follow him in a game he’s tracking back and help his defense at corners and he’s a lot more skill than people give him credit for so I’m looking forward to seeing how he does alongside Cosgrove.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how him and Cosgrove bind together and if they complement one another. They could prove a real handful for opposition defenders if they get things going. Fingers crossed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast