+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will we stay up?

Question Will we stay up?

No agenda, no criticism of VK but a simple question, "Will we stay up?"

Current results suggest No but I expect things to improve so Yes we will stay up.

Too soon to say, we've lost against three of the best teams in the PL but beat a mediocre PL team in Forest. As ever, we only need to be above three teams to stay up. Ask me again after a dozen more games.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Too soon to say, we've lost against three of the best teams in the PL but beat a mediocre PL team in Forest. As ever, we only need to be above three teams to stay up. Ask me again after a dozen more games.
    I read this and it makes me think we are in serious bother: "Not sure Vinni has got the balance right in this window, despite spending a lot of money. He needed to strengthen the squad sufficiently to ensure we stay in the PL, and at the same time sign players with the potential to improve and increase in value, to sell on at a profit.

He's certainly signed plenty of players whose value could increase, whether he's signed enough players with the ability to keep us at this level, I'm not so sure."

It is far too early to tell. VK does need to come up with some changes. I think one season we went 10 matches without a win and still stayed up?

My only comment to sinkov’s post is that I hope that the «*old faces*» will not be overlooked. Brownhill was one of our best players against Spurs. Corke was better than Berge, who was anonymous along with Cullen. JBG was ineffective but I don’t think he makes much difference.

My biggest question mark is why VK thinks Roberts is better at LB than Taylor. We need some experienced men at the back. Taylor is proven at this level, can get forward and can deliver a ball. Apart from that he is a brave defender who takes no sh*t.

Yes!

Our next game is Forest - how we go on against them will indicate what the rest of the season could be like.
    They will let us have possession and hit us on the counter - their forwards are strong and quick and they know how to defend. Their manager has them well drilled.If we defend like we have been we will suffer.
    Hopefully the break will allow us to reset and go again.We only need to be better than 3 other teams 🙏

Unless we change our ways quickly and get a result against Forrest then No.

Disagree
    Villa looked Very average against Liverpool. And Spurs will finish no higher than 6th, we have made teams look like top 3 by gifting time and space.

I honestly don't think that not getting a result in our fourth match of the season will say that we are definitely going down.
    In any case, as long as we keep playing Vinnie football our fans will be happy even if we go down, they all moaned about 'Dyche ball' and he only gave us 7 seasons in the PL.
    Keep smiling folks ----it's only a game -------and ------it's corrupt anyway.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)