+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will VK change his ways ?

Will VK change his ways ?

From what I’ve seen so far , I believe he has to. Even he is not that stupid to believe that what he’s doing ,is the right way to survive with the big boys.We’re not the worst team in the league according to the “ experts”, but the league table tells the truth.
    All the hype, and euphoria from last season until now has disappeared. It has also given everyone something more important to think about, as the season goes along. Right now, it doesn’t look as there are three teams worse than us.
    For the first time in a while, VK’s impressive credentials are under threat, and like it or not he’s under pressure. Alan Pace has backed him in the transfer market, and now it’s up to him to prove he can get us moving in the right direction. Will he be able to do it. ? I believe he will, but there’s not going to be any short term fix. I’ve got confidence in his ability- have you ?

I haven't. I don't think he will be with us much longer. He talks a good talk but last year is looking more and more like a fluke

Quote Originally Posted by chastenor View Post
    I haven't. I don't think he will be with us much longer. He talks a good talk but last year is looking more and more like a fluke
    I've had a few 'phone calls this morning and a couple of them want Dyche back.

Attachment 24845

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Attachment 24845
    I think Vincent deserves a chance to turn things around. While we have failed to gain any points, we have played some good attacking football Vincent now need to sort out our defence, something he should be able to acheive with his playing pedigree.

There is no way I would like to see the return of Dyche, he as two relegation on his CV and was lucky not to have a third last season, under him we played for a nil-nil draw and hoped to nick a goal. When I pay to watch football I expect some entertainment not to be bored, do some of our fans have such a short memory.

How can 101 points be a fluke?

Quote Originally Posted by Quicknick View Post
    How can 101 points be a fluke?
    We have had a couple of breath-taking passages of play this season, VK will shuffle the defensive troops and I think we will be alright.

If he can get Foster looking like a million dollars and scoring for fun I'm certain he will be able to co-ordinate a defensive unit with what we have to choose from.

We are improving each game. We scored nil against City, One against Villa and Nottingham Forest then two against Spurs.
    Our tenth league game is against Palace at home ---I'll bet that they are bricking it if we continue scoring more each week

Too early for doom and gloom for crying out loud!! He needs to play the boys in their correct positions and close down the space. I think he can do that. My main question is why the hell did we not sign a left back when it was apparent from the start of the window that maatsen was not going to leave Chelsea for us. Are there no more left backs other than him that would play for us given Taylor must have bad breath of something at present?
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 04-09-2023 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Attachment 24845
    They’re mental - let’s not go back to that dross

I won’t be going on season tickets or not if that happens.

That sounds like I hated Dyche I didn’t we owed him everything but the football was dire.

I am not too sure why there is so much negativity. We have played Man City, one of the best teams in the world, Spurs who are a top six club and Villa under Emery - a quality team. Are people seriously expecting us to play them off the park?

We are in the same league but not in their league.

Last season, we were the 21st best team in England. If we end the season as 17th best, that will be an achievement and show progress. It takes time - even Ferguson needed time.

We have brought in 14 new faces. That too will take time to gel, as it did last season (remember the draws).

My only concern at the moment is why Brownhill and Taylor are not starting - as well as Cork based on his performance against Spurs.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)