+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Port Vale (again)

Port Vale (again)

EFL Trophy this time ...

Would be nice to get revenge for last week Think that we can win this time.

Formation. 3-4-3
    Score. 1-3
    Fgs. CBR

Well, as today's under 21s line-up is made up of mainly names I've never heard of, then I have to assume there will be wholesale changes to the starting line-up on Tuesday night. This doesn't bode well for me. Okay, it's a controversial competition and a lot of people are not bothered about it but it is a competition that picks up once you get beyond the group stages. It's a competition we have won before and I'd like us to go as far as we can in the competition.
    However, due to the probable line up, I expect us to lose 0-3.

Really really don't care about this abomination of a competition

Lee Bell has confirmed that he'll be rotating his squad tonight. O'Riordan is also missing on International duty (Saturday also). I assume all those from the bench last Saturday will play (Inc Booth?). I also assume Long, Demetriou and Powell won't play - don't know about Rio's injury but LB will probably start with Cooney. Might go 4 at the back and CBR with 2 wingers up front.

Penalties anybody!

Happy if it gets that far with line-up.
    However am pleasantly surprised that Demtriou is playing alongside O'Riordan (clearly my info was wrong!) and Billington.
    Also interested to see how Lunt does alongside White and Thomas. Can see CBR needing to come on at some stage.

Going to lose but the future sounds good in midfield. Lunt, Agius and Nolan sound good.

Lunt outstanding, super cameo from Agius, O'Riordan improving all the time, very assured, Booth not convincing, Tracey looking more confident every time that I see him, the two new boys had a quiet game and I reckon that we have signed a dud in Cooney (nothing to do with his sending off).

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Lunt outstanding, super cameo from Agius, O'Riordan improving all the time, very assured, Booth not convincing, Tracey looking more confident every time that I see him, the two new boys had a quiet game and I reckon that we have signed a dud in Cooney (nothing to do with his sending off).
    Big up to the 245 fans who went to the game, my hat is well and truly doth'ed.

Agree regarding Owen Lunt, he is very close to the First team now

Not seen Calum Agius yet, but noticed that he scored against Colchester for the U21s recently. He nearly got the equaliser last night. Incidentally, he is only 17 !!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Big up to the 245 fans who went to the game, my hat is well and truly doth'ed.

Agree regarding Owen Lunt, he is very close to the First team now

Not seen Calum Agius yet, but noticed that he scored against Colchester for the U21s recently. He nearly got the equaliser last night. Incidentally, he is only 17 !!
    I didn't see the game and not read much about it but the one thing that is being consistently said is that the crop of youngster that played last night (including one or two who have been in the first team relatively regularly from last season) acquitted themselves extremely well. Living proof that the Academy is doing it's job. Ideally there would be players coming through every year and bursting into the first team but in reality that doesn't happen. There are years when maybe 1 or possibly 2 make it through and that is when we have to be patient. Because we know it will happen again. And this is why I continue to support the club because it is an exciting time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast