+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Port Vale (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I didn't see the game and not read much about it but the one thing that is being consistently said is that the crop of youngster that played last night (including one or two who have been in the first team relatively regularly from last season) acquitted themselves extremely well. Living proof that the Academy is doing it's job. Ideally there would be players coming through every year and bursting into the first team but in reality that doesn't happen. There are years when maybe 1 or possibly 2 make it through and that is when we have to be patient. Because we know it will happen again. And this is why I continue to support the club because it is an exciting time.
    Agree. But why can’t we seem to produce centre forwards?
    Talking of which, just watched the highlights. Look easier for CBR to score than head it back across goal.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Agree. But why can’t we seem to produce centre forwards?
    Talking of which, just watched the highlights. Look easier for CBR to score than head it back across goal.
    I guess it is the most difficult part of the game hence the fees for strikers are generally higher than for other positions.

Rumours suggest Tracey could be out till Christmas. Fail thugs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Massive blow if true. I can definitely see a Dan Agyei in there somewhere.

Would like some word on Tracey. While the referees are cracking down on petty things why are thugs on the pitch allowed to get away with causing Actual Bodily Harm??

Tracey going for a scan tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    You should always deal in facts not mass hysteria.........Tracey not as bad as some tried to make out.

That's great news! Not what LB said on Tuesday night though. I really hope you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    You should always deal in facts not mass hysteria.........Tracey not as bad as some tried to make out.
    Can you tell us what the 'facts' are?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Can you tell us what the 'facts' are?
    Simple, he wont be out till Christmas, no one got away with actual bodily harm because it was just a poorly timed tackle, nothing more and The Vale are not thugs, those are the ' Facts '

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast