+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/t Cycle lane on Wellgate

What pees me of the cyclist don’t pay road tax,mot & insurance yet they give them a free run on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Not all cars as I wouldn't stop to count who got out of what vehicle but, it's fair to say if you're passing at that particular time, and can 'actually' see them parking up and leaving their vehicles then yes it's clear the majority are muslims. Take a visit up there and see for yourself.
    Must be a big mosque in what was the nursery, given plenty of patrons live nearby and walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    What pees me of the cyclist don’t pay road tax,mot & insurance yet they give them a free run on the roads.
    What pees me off are self entitled, ignorant people like you who have absolutely no idea how roads are funded.

'Road Tax' was abolished in 1937 so if you are still paying it then I suggest you ask for a refund. What you are probably referring to is Vehicle Excise Duty which is a tax on cars and not roads. VED is based on emissions so guess what - a Tesla driver pays the same as a Lycra Clad Cyclist. Roads are paid for through general taxation which means that people without cars are still paying for the roads.

As for insurance, this is risk based and obviously a 2 tonne motor vehicle carries a much greater risk than a bloke on a bike. The risk is that low that most household insurance policies actually throw cycle cover in anyway.

These cycle lane schemes are a joke. The one on Sheffield Rd started about 4 years ago and is now being extended to the Ickles roundabout. Sheffield Road has always been a dump but now it's a dangerous dump. No room for emergency vehicles to get through and no room to pass buses that have stopped. Myriad kerbs and barriers jutting into the road to catch out the unwary.. Meanwhile the cycle lane this chaos has created lays pretty much unused - hardly surprising because it's full of rubble and other crap that has dropped off passing lorries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Why should cyclists pay road tax? Most of them ride on the pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    These cycle lane schemes are a joke. The one on Sheffield Rd started about 4 years ago and is now being extended to the Ickles roundabout. Sheffield Road has always been a dump but now it's a dangerous dump. No room for emergency vehicles to get through and no room to pass buses that have stopped. Myriad kerbs and barriers jutting into the road to catch out the unwary.. Meanwhile the cycle lane this chaos has created lays pretty much unused - hardly surprising because it's full of rubble and other crap that has dropped off passing lorries.
    I work on Sheffield Road with my window facing the cycle lane. I have never witnessed any of the rubbish you type here.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_the_Miller View Post
    'Road Tax' was abolished in 1937 so if you are still paying it then I suggest you ask for a refund.
    🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_the_Miller View Post
    I work on Sheffield Road with my window facing the cycle lane. I have never witnessed any of the rubbish you type here.
    Snap! So what haven't you seen...the crap in the cycle lane, the blocked emergency vehicles, the queues behind buses, the cars damaged after hitting pointless kerbs, the lack of cyclists?

If you haven't witnessed all of those things you are either working way too hard or not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Snap! So what haven't you seen...the crap in the cycle lane, the blocked emergency vehicles, the queues behind buses, the cars damaged after hitting pointless kerbs, the lack of cyclists?

If you haven't witnessed all of those things you are either working way too hard or not paying attention.
    I'll give you the crap in the cycle lane.

Blocked emergency vehicles??? Nope, never seen one. Just like any road or a busy roundabout or Whiston Crossroads, other vehicles get out of the way.

Queues behind buses - What makes your time more valuable than a person sat on a bus going about their daily life. I bet you don't moan when on a single carriageway road and you get held up by a car turning right due to oncoming traffic.

If cars are hitting kerbs then perhaps the drivers of said cars shouldn't be on the road anyway. I've never hit a kerb on Sheffield Road and I drive to work 5 days a week.

Lack of cyclists - I see plenty. If those cyclists weren't riding their bikes and were in a car then the roads would be even more clogged up than they already are. The more cyclists the better for me - I might get to and from work much more easily.

Bike riders are a menace, when I come out of my driveway no end of times an idiot will fly past on the pavement, if that’s not enough we’ve now got electric scooters to deal with .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast