+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Income

Income

Does anybody on here know how much, if anything, we get from selling tickets for our away games?
    Also, how much do clubs get from streaming (audio or video) on iFollow?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Does anybody on here know how much, if anything, we get from selling tickets for our away games?
    Pretty sure the home team keeps all the gate receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    Pretty sure the home team keeps all the gate receipts.
    I realise that but Notts are performing a service here for the home team. So 50p / £1 per ticket?
    As for streaming I seem to remember some figures being published when the National League started streaming. I’d like to think that something similar happens in the EFL.

The home team gets everything. If you remember we were late giving Mansfield the money in April 2016 when Trew was being a knob.

I believe the home team covers costs but everything else goes to the home side

Since the early 80s the home team gets all the gate receipts, but the away team can charge an admin fee for tickets sold to visiting supporters. Prior to that change I think the away team got around 25% of the gate receipts.

Cup game receipts are I think split something like 45% each with 10% going into the pot. That's why it's such a big deal for small teams to be drawn away to one of the big six.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that with iFollow the team you signed up with got something like 80% of the streaming fee you paid, regardless of whether you're the home or the away team. Perhaps someone could confirm this.

As for audio, isn't the fee something like £30 a season to listen to the match commentaries? So not much of a windfall for the clubs.

We do of course now get a slice of the Sky pot, but League 2 clubs get only a fraction of what Championship clubs get.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Since the early 80s the home team gets all the gate receipts, but the away team can charge an admin fee for tickets sold to visiting supporters. Prior to that change I think the away team got around 25% of the gate receipts.

Cup game receipts are I think split something like 45% each with 10% going into the pot. That's why it's such a big deal for small teams to be drawn away to one of the big six.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that with iFollow the team you signed up with got something like 80% of the streaming fee you paid, regardless of whether you're the home or the away team. Perhaps someone could confirm this.

As for audio, isn't the fee something like £30 a season to listen to the match commentaries? So not much of a windfall for the clubs.

We do of course now get a slice of the Sky pot, but League 2 clubs get only a fraction of what Championship clubs get.
    Thank you 60Years

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Since the early 80s the home team gets all the gate receipts.... Prior to that change I think the away team got around 25% of the gate receipts.

Away gate money percentage was scrapped from 1983/84, the season we lost our place in the top flight.
    Home average that season: 9,460
    Away average that season: 16,167

Maybe Dunnett would have been able to afford to buy Glen Roeder if they'd at least waited until the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Away gate money percentage was scrapped from 1983/84, the season we lost our place in the top flight.
    Home average that season: 9,460
    Away average that season: 16,167
    Shows what a dark place football was in in the early-mid 80s. Notts beating that in the 4th tier this season and the Prem averages about 40,000.

Bit old but some details on away tickets here

https://www.themag.co.uk/2016/11/efl...%20Away%20Club.

Says away club get 5% commission on the tickets they sell for the home club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast