+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: £60 million input

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    On the face of it from a Toon perspective the PIF moves are sometimes baffling but I know theres a bigger game at play going on "up on high" behind the scenes. Its above my pay grade so to speak.

100% sure we are in good hands.but we really are a small cog in their operation I reckon. A small cog but no less an important one.
    Yasir Al-Rumayyan is OUR chairman, not Clearlake or Chelsea's.

His excellency is the man who calls the shots in the PiF. He wears a B&W lined suit with the NUFC lining. The man is all about making us No.1.

What bhoily and the Chelsea lot do is nothing to do with our progression.

Ashley left the club like an abandoned warehouse. Only thing inside, rats and unsellable, tatty cheap, 10 Yr old SD stock (Hendrick etc).

We have no way of generating investment capital for players. We've got CL football the first full season.

Everyone in the C-Suite is 100% aware of the potential drop in league for sue to being in Europe. They did all they can. We'll sign more in Jan.

However, I love the fact we are only signing the players on our A-list. Rather to carry on with the great group me tality than bring in a 3 lrd or 4th choice alternative.

Over the next 2 or 3 seasons contracts will end and we will bring in a worldie in each position as those player contracts run down.

Really don't see what all the fuss is about

Given that we had no saleable players apart from ASM (and I am one of the ones who’s gutted he had to be sacrificed), the way they’ve increased revenue with the likes of Sela & Noon on the shirts and the imminent upgrade from Castore to Adidas is impressive. They had the Saudi Airline as a tour partner last year, the proposed fan zone will make money (probably a fixed rental to an experienced operator on prime NE1 land), and I’d guess more sponsorship opportunities to come, like the training ground for example.

The other thing that will be a benefit the club is all these young players they are signing from other clubs and given Dan Ashworth was involved in the Brighton model and has already created a number of scouting roles, I’d expect a lot more to be signed a decent number to break through or at least have some decent sell on value.

Our phenomenal recent improvement may plateau for now or even fall for a year or two due to a lack of squad depth but after a few bumps in the road, I expect us to be a top four club for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    Given that we had no saleable players apart from ASM (and I am one of the ones who’s gutted he had to be sacrificed), the way they’ve increased revenue with the likes of Sela & Noon on the shirts and the imminent upgrade from Castore to Adidas is impressive. They had the Saudi Airline as a tour partner last year, the proposed fan zone will make money (probably a fixed rental to an experienced operator on prime NE1 land), and I’d guess more sponsorship opportunities to come, like the training ground for example.

The other thing that will be a benefit the club is all these young players they are signing from other clubs and given Dan Ashworth was involved in the Brighton model and has already created a number of scouting roles, I’d expect a lot more to be signed a decent number to break through or at least have some decent sell on value.

Our phenomenal recent improvement may plateau for now or even fall for a year or two due to a lack of squad depth but after a few bumps in the road, I expect us to be a top four club for many years to come.
    Not to mention making memberships unlimited would have brought in a good few million extra… don’t know what final sales were but there was reported queue at times in excess of 250,000… if it was even just that there would be 9M raised this season on top of that.

The 60m input to the club was for non playing staff expenditure, which isn’t limited by FFP.

When it comes to stadium redevelopment or even a new stadium somewhere then that’ll not be limited by FFP and won’t impact the money we have to spend on players at all.

Complaining about what we spend (when we spent buttons for over a decade under Ashley and have already beaten that net spend by a MASSIVE amount) or complaining that Saudi or buying other teams players and not ours (when we have f*^k all of any real value after ASM and there is an EPL rule in place already to prevent inter company ‘sales’ that aren’t at market value) need to get f**king real and stop watching Mulder and Scully

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Not to mention making memberships unlimited would have brought in a good few million extra… don’t know what final sales were but there was reported queue at times in excess of 250,000… if it was even just that there would be 9M raised this season on top of that.

The 60m input to the club was for non playing staff expenditure, which isn’t limited by FFP.

When it comes to stadium redevelopment or even a new stadium somewhere then that’ll not be limited by FFP and won’t impact the money we have to spend on players at all.

Complaining about what we spend (when we spent buttons for over a decade under Ashley and have already beaten that net spend by a MASSIVE amount) or complaining that Saudi or buying other teams players and not ours (when we have f*^k all of any real value after ASM and there is an EPL rule in place already to prevent inter company ‘sales’ that aren’t at market value) need to get f**king real and stop watching Mulder and Scully
    Incredible that literally five times the stadium capacity are willing to pay about half the price of a single match day ticket just for the chance of being in the draw for one. When you look at Old Trafford with a capacity of around 74,000 and a significant amount of those attending are entitled wänkers who at a point in times gone by have latched onto a once fashionable club, the potential for stadium expansion or stadium move here are phenomenal.

Yes - I think there’s huge potential for the fan zone with this massive demand. I understand that he Strawberry Place set up will be temporary.
    The zone could be a massive area (away from the ground to help with traffic?) with big screens. Beer, singing - I think there’d be a good atmosphere and I, for one, would travel to Newcastle to see games in it even with no chance of a ticket to get into St James’.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Yes - I think there’s huge potential for the fan zone with this massive demand. I understand that he Strawberry Place set up will be temporary.
    The zone could be a massive area (away from the ground to help with traffic?) with big screens. Beer, singing - I think there’d be a good atmosphere and I, for one, would travel to Newcastle to see games in it even with no chance of a ticket to get into St James’.
    Good call, there’s a buzz in the whole city on match day, not just in the pubs and around the stadium but even walking through Eldon Square or down Northumberland Street etc.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Dunno how true, but I had heard that the fan zone will be family focussed and they will only show matches that are broadcast.

They should have a family area but I’m sure they’ll be trying to maximize revenue.

Much prefer a mixed area for all ages of fans over one of those minging boxpark setups where knackers hoy beer over each other for social media likes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)