+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pity this guy isn't covering for Jodi Jones on the left tomorrow

Pity this guy isn't covering for Jodi Jones on the left tomorrow

Stumbled on this...and sharing it in case anyone else appreciates a musical tribute to a slightly undersung member of the most amazing team ever.

Love that! Thanks for sharing it. Eder was amazing, some of his free kicks were ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Love that! Thanks for sharing it. Eder was amazing, some of his free kicks were ridiculous!
    Nah, they were better than that.

Castroesque

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Stumbled on this...and sharing it in case anyone else appreciates a musical tribute to a slightly undersung member of the most amazing team ever.

Sure, he’s good and everything…..but he ain’t no Richard Liburd!

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Sure, he’s good and everything…..but he ain’t no Richard Liburd!
    But years before him there was Garrincha - the little bird.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yes, it's a pity that skill of using the outside of your foot has gone from the game. How he launched into the Argentina one from over 35yards out. His shot was measured at 174.5 km/h. Here's a more up-to-date photo of him in his Atletico Mineiro shirt. Looks like he might fill in for Jodi Jones after all

Name:  Picture 1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  71.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Yes, it's a pity that skill of using the outside of your foot has gone from the game. How he launched into the Argentina one from over 35yards out. His shot was measured at 174.5 km/h. Here's a more up-to-date photo of him in his Atletico Mineiro shirt. Looks like he might fill in for Jodi Jones after all

Name:  Picture 1.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  71.6 KB
    Blimey, he's looking well for his age. How old must he be now?

Interesting point about the outside of the foot. I feel like there are still a couple of practitioners of the outside of the foot carve-across in the modern game, but I can't quite put my finger on who they are.

Of the ones that do spring to mind from recent times, they are all South American - Riquelme, Veron, Roberto Carlos etc.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Blimey, he's looking well for his age. How old must he be now?

Interesting point about the outside of the foot. I feel like there are still a couple of practitioners of the outside of the foot carve-across in the modern game, but I can't quite put my finger on who they are.

Of the ones that do spring to mind from recent times, they are all South American - Riquelme, Veron, Roberto Carlos etc.
    66 years old. Let me know if you remember who the current ones are. It's either the different ball or its been coached out of the game - a pity.

In that same '82 World Cup there was a really good player who used the outside of his foot all the time, I mean for almost everything - Gilberto of Honduras, very entertaining.
    I want to see this skill back in the game. Heres one from '78