+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread v MK Dons 09.09.23 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by BCnotts18 View Post
    Had Rawlo just seen a ghost before their goal? By the way he ran in the opposite direction of the ball, it certainly looks like something spooked him.
    Typical Rawlinson, doesn't want to engage the ball and would rather scrap against opposition players.

Baldwin has to come back in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    60 odd % of possession and only 3 shots on target.
    might have been 0 shots on target if we had 30% possession

Bit of a weird game. We could easily have won and so could they. Draw was probably fair. We looked in control for long spells but once they got the ball off us and hammered down our right I was worried every time as we looked shaky. Moving Nemane over to the left and the drinks break seemed to take a lot of the steam out of our efforts. We cannot persevere with Rawlinson not up to the job. Got to be happy with Crowley looks an inspired signing. The stadium looked soulless.

Just watched the highlights, WTAF was Rawlinson doing for their goal????!! Surely Baldwin needs to start every game if fit, surely. That was just awful defending. A draw was fair but we were badly let down in defence AGAIN!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    One of the oddest things I've seen for a long time. What annoys me most is that you pick 2 holding midfielders to take care of things like that (runs from wide to centre), no way should Rawlo have deserted his post
    There's definitely something to be addressed there, defensively. That's twice now this season that we've either hesitated to intercept, or in this case even run away from(!), the man with the ball.

Overall though, excellent away point against a team who will almost certainly be automatic promotion challengers.

Have I missed where there were going to be post-match questions raised about McGoldrick's absence ? Do we know why he wasn't in the squad ?

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    Have I missed where there were going to be post-match questions raised about McGoldrick's absence ? Do we know why he wasn't in the squad ?
    Yes it was towards the end of the interview. Groin niggle during the week and thought better not to risk it.

An excellent performance from Notts on a very hot day for football. At 1-1, we looked like the home side and were the team pressing for victory. The only disappointment for me was the dreadful goal we conceded. Criminal defending, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    LW said it was a slight groin issue, sounding like they were considering playing him yesterday so presumably won’t be long out.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    LW said it was a slight groin issue, sounding like they were considering playing him yesterday so presumably won’t be long out.
    Old_pie : Yes it was towards the end of the interview. Groin niggle during the week and thought better not to risk it.
    Thanks both. Good news.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast