+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England Ukraine

The England supporters are the international equivalent of us. One song repertoire. God save the king. Wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    The England supporters are the international equivalent of us. One song repertoire. God save the king. Wtf?
    I would help if Southgate picked a team to give them something to sing about. We set the tone from kick off,12 passes to get ten yard into their half.At one point I thought the Chuckle Brothers had been coaching them, to you, to me, to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I would help if Southgate picked a team to give them something to sing about. We set the tone from kick off,12 passes to get ten yard into their half.At one point I thought the Chuckle Brothers had been coaching them, to you, to me, to you.
    I could understand them singing GSTQ because she was a 'national treasure', but not singing for Tampon Man.

Anyone watching England v Argentina? Got a red card early on but since then they have put on a brilliant demonstration of how to play with a man down. Splendid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Need someone brave enough upstairs to put Southgate out of his misery. Graham Potter best English manager available.

Outdated present England management/coaching setup. Players there that shouldn't be. Walker our best player last night but he's got to make way before long. Maguire Henderson Maddison Foden surplus to start with.

Only 2 players that need to be out the squad are Henderson and Maguire the rest are good enough. We need a positive manager that's gonna put one more attacking player on the pitch something like Maddison in the middle instead of Henderson and Foden or Rashford the opposite wing to Saka and we'll be a lot more dangerous but Southgate doesn't have the balls to do that.

We were flat and mostly uninspiring. It's been said earlier in the thread but played with the intensity of a friendly.

Maybe it's complacency after a strong start in the group and already doing the "hard work" by beating Italy in Rome. Maybe we dropped down a gear because we all love a good underdog fairytale in England and we want to see Ukraine qualify? The Euro Finals seem a lot less daunting if the Italians aren't there so maybe the urgency dropped once a point was on the board?

Who knows, it was dross but I don't think it's a true reflection of where we are competitively

Only motivation most of those players have got it's their bank balance! In finals they'll put more in cause then they're in the shop window. Southgate he'll do nothing about it may as well play qualifiers behind closed doors!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMiller View Post
    We were flat and mostly uninspiring. It's been said earlier in the thread but played with the intensity of a friendly.

Maybe it's complacency after a strong start in the group and already doing the "hard work" by beating Italy in Rome. Maybe we dropped down a gear because we all love a good underdog fairytale in England and we want to see Ukraine qualify? The Euro Finals seem a lot less daunting if the Italians aren't there so maybe the urgency dropped once a point was on the board?

Who knows, it was dross but I don't think it's a true reflection of where we are competitively
    Pretty sensible summary Derek. There's no way any team is going to tear mid standing, defensively minded and well drilled teams to pieces in every game. The mentality going into the game, where we had beaten the Italians on their own turf, 4 wins on the bounce, nearly qualified but up against a very good defensive team in front of great partisan support was questionable, although we were camped in their half for long periods didn't look like opening them up.

I would agree that it is time for Henderson to make way, although in fairness to h im, he was brilliant in the world cup and balances us well. However, certainly against teams with low blocks, I'd like to see us playing through the middle and quicker tempo balls and Maddison would fit this in the way he has started quite brilliently in this role for Spurs. The way Ange has transformed Spurs from the God awful Italian dirge of his predecessors by encouraging fast transitions from back to front, is quite reminiscent of how we should set out against defensive teams. I hugely respect Southgate, and the way he has transformed us from the hopeless 2016 shower he took over from into a much better footballing side, but his set up reminds me a bit of Spurs under Conte and Mourinho, with slow possession struggling against 10 grouped men in their own half. However, Southgate's set up will work very well against the better teams who will come at us, so I just want him to refine the way he sets up against this kind of quality defensively organised team.

Quote Originally Posted by millers88 View Post
    Only 2 players that need to be out the squad are Henderson and Maguire the rest are good enough. We need a positive manager that's gonna put one more attacking player on the pitch something like Maddison in the middle instead of Henderson and Foden or Rashford the opposite wing to Saka and we'll be a lot more dangerous but Southgate doesn't have the balls to do that.
    To be fair MaGuire has never let England down really , probably played his best football in an England shirt .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast