+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All a bit vague for me.

So where exactly is this super volcano and how soon is sooner and how late is later? Are we talking decades, centuries, or millenniums?

I need to know whether to worry or not.
    Perhaps more importantly, who's Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "The eruption of a super volcano "sooner or later" will chill the planet and threaten human civilization, British scientists warned Tuesday."
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-09-2023 at 11:58 PM.

Anyone fancy a bit of fun, why not take the climate quiz, this site has over 150 plus professionals (or crack pots) looking at Co2 and climate change, and as far as i can see it's run on donations, each answer as a link for Source below

First Question: Polar bear populations are in decline, do you agree disagree or unsure, their answers are below

https://co2coalition.org/climate-quiz/

"I don't believe in peer-reviewed scientific literature any more, so here's a website paid for by people who made billions pumping CO2 into the atmosphere saying CO2 is good, actually"

"Is that a fact" love using " " makes it more factual, actually

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Yes I would take that any day over looming thought control. I have always been a bit selfish lol, but can't see me getting my own way on this one.
    I love the way some/most humans think they can control the climate of the planet. What temperature have we decided we want for English summers, when getting to 'Net Zero', and how many days of snow would be nice in winter.
    The special kind of idiot who thrives on being ignorant and contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    The special kind of idiot who thrives on being ignorant and contrary.
    Simple question - How do you know it's not you that is wrong?

That question applies to everyone. If you only get your information from sources you agree with you are living in an echo chamber of views. You need to challenge your own viewpoints first before you can challenge the viewpoints of those that disagree with you. That means reading up on the opposing viewpoint and checking their claims but you also have to do with your own views.

Do you want to be the one wearing the lemon juice?

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusCole View Post
    Simple question - How do you know it's not you that is wrong?

That question applies to everyone. If you only get your information from sources you agree with you are living in an echo chamber of views. You need to challenge your own viewpoints first before you can challenge the viewpoints of those that disagree with you. That means reading up on the opposing viewpoint and checking their claims but you also have to do with your own views.
    But even if you can't be sure of a definitive answer, you have to remember that the future of the planet is at stake. Do you:

a. Ignore it, in case it might not happen.
    b. Play safe, because if it does happen future generations will be f@cked.

But even if you can't be sure of a definitive answer, you have to remember that the future of the planet is at stake. Do you:

a. Ignore it, in case it might not happen.
    b. Play safe, because if it does happen future generations will be f@cked.
    I'd love to hear what your definition of "play safe" is. Would you care to share it?

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I'd love to hear what your definition of "play safe" is. Would you care to share it?
    Happy to oblige.

Playing safe is believing the scientists who say climate change is real, and taking whatever actions we can to minimise it.

Happy to oblige.

Playing safe is believing the scientists who say climate change is real, and taking whatever actions we can to minimise it.
    Climate change is real. What is causing it is another matter. I can say I am not decided on that. It is entirely possible that playing safe as you put it could cause far more harm than good. You don't need to be a Scientist to understand it's warmer. The rate of warming is much faster I concur. The last few times the world has warmed up a bit, we did nowt and it cooled down again. Naturally. Impossible decisions loom. But nothing much will be done as too much is at stake for too many people and agreeing is impossible. If I were you enjoy the large onions and your family mate. Cheers QP.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast