+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

It is important that we keep discussing politics, news. in person or over the internet. While you most likely won't change your mind, it is crucial that we can challenge, and be challenged about our views. I fear so many people have been worn down with all the constant bad news (often false or exaggerated), and are just prepared to say, whatever. This is where the powers that be, want us, so they can just continue with their ever increasing control.
    That is why I mention GB News a fair bit, as they do give views and news you would never hear on the mainstream channels, also their weather forecasts do not show the British Isles as being red and orange, as if we are on fire, unlike the BBC et al.

I agree with every thing said here, but you have to remember i am always right, simples......

Anyway i am off to get ready for a trip to Salford COYP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It is important that we keep discussing politics, news. in person or over the internet. While you most likely won't change your mind, it is crucial that we can challenge, and be challenged about our views. I fear so many people have been worn down with all the constant bad news (often false or exaggerated), and are just prepared to say, whatever. This is where the powers that be, want us, so they can just continue with their ever increasing control.
    Funny I agree with this. I suspect we have different ideas of who the "powers that be" are though

That is why I mention GB News a fair bit, as they do give views and news you would never hear on the mainstream channels, also their weather forecasts do not show the British Isles as being red and orange, as if we are on fire, unlike the BBC et al.
    I had a look. Looks almost exclusively right wing and hard right wing opinion rather than news. Had a quick listen to one of the programs and yeah, just a leeeetle bit skewed hard right there.

Adding balance

I agree it is important to keep discussing these things, and when it is done in a calm and considered manner as it is at the moment, then it is very constructive. When it degenerates into gang warfare and insults then it is very destructive and stifles anybody else from chipping in.

Things have calmed down considerably since TPKAL departed and even if TFTY is TPFKAL, as long as he plays by the rules I see no reason to rake things up again. I think the new atmosphere is largely constructive.

I think one problem that generally causes argument is that people mix up fact and opinion, which makes constructive discussion hard. Fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jampie View Post
    I had a look. Looks almost exclusively right wing and hard right wing opinion rather than news. Had a quick listen to one of the programs and yeah, just a leeeetle bit skewed hard right there.
    But if your views were right wing, you would probably see GB News as balanced.

It reports what you want to hear.

Like wise if your views are left wing you would see the msm as balanced. The danger is if there was no GB News. I know the left wing think any other views are to be held in contempt.

Like wise if your views are left wing you would see the msm as balanced.
    I'm sure you would see the Mail and Express as fair and balanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm sure you would see the Mail and Express as fair and balanced!
    If you are sick to death of the far left do-gooder woke nonsense that is associated with the mainstream media such as the Telegraph, The Mail, The Express, The Sun and The Spectator then it is worth checking out GB News for -*checks notes - 'balance'.

Didn't take long did it.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast