+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Match ratings v MK Dons [09.09.23]

Is climate change real? I don't know. Probably. Does it matter? Probably. Can we do anything about it? Not unless the whole world makes the same effort.
    It won't
    Our cost of living is affected by green policies which make absolutely no effect whatsoever in the big scheme of things
    I'd rather my kids and grandkids can afford housing fuel and food.
    We won't be the first creatures to die out because earth couldnt sustain us, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPIE View Post
    Is climate change real? I don't know. Probably. Does it matter? Probably. Can we do anything about it? Not unless the whole world makes the same effort.
    It won't
    Our cost of living is affected by green policies which make absolutely no effect whatsoever in the big scheme of things
    I'd rather my kids and grandkids can afford housing fuel and food.
    We won't be the first creatures to die out because earth couldnt sustain us, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon.
    Lots of questions, but you seem to be arguing against yourself. So you want your kids and grandkids to be able to afford housing fuel and food, but because "it ain't gonna happen anytime soon" they will probably be ok.

What about their kids and grandkids?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Lots of questions, but you seem to be arguing against yourself. So you want your kids and grandkids to be able to afford housing fuel and food, but because "it ain't gonna happen anytime soon" they will probably be ok.

What about their kids and grandkids?
    "The eruption of a super volcano "sooner or later" will chill the planet and threaten human civilization, British scientists warned Tuesday.
    And now the bad news: There's not much anyone can do about it."

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    "The eruption of a super volcano "sooner or later" will chill the planet and threaten human civilization, British scientists warned Tuesday.
    And now the bad news: There's not much anyone can do about it."
    All a bit vague for me.

So where exactly is this super volcano and how soon is sooner and how late is later? Are we talking decades, centuries, or millenniums?

I need to know whether to worry or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    All a bit vague for me.

So where exactly is this super volcano and how soon is sooner and how late is later? Are we talking decades, centuries, or millenniums?

I need to know whether to worry or not.
    "A major unknown in space weather forecasting is when the next “big one” will occur—the next Carrington-level storm or even a storm 100 times more energetic than that. Estimates vary from once per 100 years for a Carrington-level event, according to Elvidge, to once per millennia for ones that are much more powerful."

"Because the Carrington Event occurred when humans were still early in their technological journey, the damage was minimal. However, experts say if a Carrington-style event were to occur today, with our reliance on technology, the effects could be devastating."

"Some scientists claim we are overdue for an asteroid impact of the scale that took out the dinosaurs — as these happen approximately once every 50 to 60 million years."

To think this started as a standard match ratings thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thefulltenyards View Post
    To think this started as a standard match ratings thread.
    Only on NCM.

ps any comment to make on the TPFKAL bit?

This thread as been so funny, UTM is my favourite poster, ive got tears in my eyes, you have cheered me up no end

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast