+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cumberland Pie…

Cumberland Pie…

It got mentioned on a quiz show tonight and I had never heard of it so I gave it a quick Google…

It’s just a Shepard’s pie with the word Cumberland in front right?

Yet another scam invented by Cumbrians to part tourists with their hard earned wedge when they visit no doubt,I don’t think that yoonited would lower himself to prepare one for his dinner guests let’s put it that way

We also have a sauce.

Hmmmm….

From what I can gather it’s another Cumbrian rip-off as it’s not mentioned in any early recipe cook books including Mrs Beatons,it looks increasing likely that it’s got German origins and some shysters from Cumbria back in the day decided to nick it and pass it off as theirs,is there no depths to which you lot won’t go to get a fast buck from us?
    Red squirrels it turns out was just the beginning it turns out,whst next the Cumbrian Melton Mowbray pie maybe?

Any lady friends I've had were always treated to a generous portion of our Cumbrian cuisine, I would usually take her for a weekend to The Lakes and then cockermouth (which involved her gobbling a good length of Cumberland sausage followed by a serving of hot Cumberland sauce).

I saw what you did there.

I refuse to be drawn into yoonited’s smutty banter

Why not? You were last time.

What do you mean?

Being hunted down and used as a human sacrifice in Farmer Micks field in the middle of rural Cumbria where nobody can hear you scream doesn’t sound much like smutty banter to me,it’s more Wicker Man than anything,I wanted to visit The Crossings at some point but I’ve proper gone off the idea

Chalky - please complete.......

Does marrow insertion go under ‘Other’?’

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)