+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Matchday Thread: Derby v Portsmouth

Original flight cancelled. KLM did get me there on time though. 0635 flight to Paris. 0940 Paris to Brum arriving at 1000. They even upgraded me free of charge so I got 2 business class breakfasts on Saturday morning. Great time at the Neppy both before and after the game. Good long sleep. Standing Order for breakfast Sunday morning followed by more Pedigree in the Neppy. I seem to remember there was a game as well. I forecast a draw but thought 2-2... Also had a £5 bet. 10 game accy. 9 came up.... Bolt On Wanderers screwed it up by losing at Reading of all places. Better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    I wouldn't get too excited, Ramshank. Texas is overwhelmed with Mexicans searching for the American dream and now Grandpa Biden has decided to keep them there. Or rather Obama has decided. It's him pulling the strings.
    Barking up the wrong tree gunt, being a Spanish speaker (well, learner!) and having Mexican friends, I love Mexican people and fully immersed myself in the tex-mex culture, including attending a celebration of their independence.
    On subject, I'm glad I missed the game, wonder if I can skip a year or 2 while I'm at it!

My apologies Ramshank, it was not my intention to upset you or disparage Mexicans. I've never met a Mexican, but a close friend of mine said there were (and still are) great numbers of them amongst others making their presence known. Then again, it's true Trump's characterisation of them did little to help their cause. Still, I've no doubt the bad eggs are proving an embarrassment to those who are part of the 'tex-mex' culture. On a related matter, I myself have a smattering of German and would love to spend the rest of my life in beautiful Bavaria but I'm a bit long in the tooth for embarking upon such adventures and my fortnightly excursions to Oakwell might prove a bit impractical!

I'm no expert on the toing and froings at Derby but how come you let McGoldrick go to Notts County? As I remember. he was scoring for fun last season.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNTERYY36 View Post
    My apologies Ramshank, it was not my intention to upset you or disparage Mexicans. I've never met a Mexican, but a close friend of mine said there were (and still are) great numbers of them amongst others making their presence known. Then again, it's true Trump's characterisation of them did little to help their cause. Still, I've no doubt the bad eggs are proving an embarrassment to those who are part of the 'tex-mex' culture. On a related matter, I myself have a smattering of German and would love to spend the rest of my life in beautiful Bavaria but I'm a bit long in the tooth for embarking upon such adventures and my fortnightly excursions to Oakwell might prove a bit impractical!

I'm no expert on the toing and froings at Derby but how come you let McGoldrick go to Notts County? As I remember. he was scoring for fun last season.
    I to and fro between 6 and 8 times a season from Amsterdam. Watch the rest of the games, legally, via my RamsTV subscription. You could do similar using iFollow.

McGoldrick? Nottingham lad. County fan. Knew this was likely to be his last season. Derby offered a 1 year extension. He'd always thought he'd like to finish his career at Notts County. They offered a 2 year contract so he went back home. That is all there is to it.

He wanted to go to his home club, very honourable in today's game and goes with most fans well wishes. More disappointed that we haven't seemingly replaced the threat, but just highlights that without him and probably Roberts, our team was actually very average last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    More disappointed that we haven't seemingly replaced the threat, but just highlights that without him and probably Roberts, our team was actually very average last season.
    Nail on the head, RS...and on the evidence of most of what I’ve seen and heard so far, that’s exactly what we are so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I to and fro between 6 and 8 times a season from Amsterdam. Watch the rest of the games, legally, via my RamsTV subscription. You could do similar using iFollow.

McGoldrick? Nottingham lad. County fan. Knew this was likely to be his last season. Derby offered a 1 year extension. He'd always thought he'd like to finish his career at Notts County. They offered a 2 year contract so he went back home. That is all there is to it.
    I thought maybe Sven was back at Notts County.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)