+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Falkirk v Queens

Like everyone else, I'm very disappointed with some of our results this season, - and without boring everyone to tears yet again, - it has been our defensive frailties and insistence on building from the back that has cost us dear on many occasions....................however, on the plus side , - we held Motherwell to a 3-3 draw, - beat Partick away from home in the Challenge Cup, only 8 days ago and we are still very much in the race for a top 3 finish.

Falkirk away was always going to be a difficult ask, - but we must now concentrate on Hamilton next week and get ourselves back in the pack.

"Marvin under pressure" is utter madness, - he's a very good manager, - but like all managers he should listen to all the advice that is given to him, - and consider what steps to take. If he fails to correct the defensive nonsense, - due to a belligerence to listen to sound advice, - then he may be treading on thin ice, - but hell, - its only mid September.

One thing I will say though is this: Tommy Goss banged in 2 goals for Annan yesterday, - oh how Queens could do with a good old fashioned, mobile target man.

I'm certainly not calling for the manager to be sacked but at the end of the day he has assembled this squad of players. I can accept defeat if the team has had a right good go but the stats from yesterday point to a set up designed to try to get a point. We are also going to have to greatly improve our home form in order to mount any kind of challenge for a play off place, let alone think of actually winning automatic promotion. An overall 50% win rate is just not good enough and unless things change, sooner rather than later, we will ultimately become further detached from the leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Beautiful South View Post
    I'm certainly not calling for the manager to be sacked but at the end of the day he has assembled this squad of players. I can accept defeat if the team has had a right good go but the stats from yesterday point to a set up designed to try to get a point. We are also going to have to greatly improve our home form in order to mount any kind of challenge for a play off place, let alone think of actually winning automatic promotion. An overall 50% win rate is just not good enough and unless things change, sooner rather than later, we will ultimately become further detached from the leaders.
    I certainly would not have believed that our neighbours Annan would only be 2 points behind us after seeing them at Palmy
    a few weeks ago !

The difference is one player (Goss) who thankfully wasn't playing against us, and the fact that it was the 2nd game in four days for Annan, - who faded completely after about an hour. Don't be surprised if Annan beat us on their home patch, - if they have a fully fit squad and are completely fresh. Tommy Goss will be desperate to prove several points.

Annan will be a different beast when we play them in 5 weeks time due to big players returning from injury who missed the Palmerston match but let them worry about us and not the other way around.

With all due respect you should never pass comment on a game you were not at as it has been reported that some Falkirk supporters said that we were the best team that they have faced all season so far.

You are quite correct that I was not at the game, my days of following Queens away from home are long gone. Whether or not we are the best team Falkirk have played this season is of no comfort, we got beat and are subsequently further adrift from the leaders. As regards my comments, I can only go on the official statistics from the game and they showed we had no attempts on target and only 4 shots in 90 minutes, this to me does not paint the picture that we were posing much of a goal threat. I apologise if my assumptions are wrong and we battered them for 90 minutes and were unlucky not to win. I'm a great believer in playing to your strengths and not sitting back hoping for a draw. Our strengths are certainly not the ability of being able to keep a clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    The difference is one player (Goss) who thankfully wasn't playing against us, and the fact that it was the 2nd game in four days for Annan, - who faded completely after about an hour. Don't be surprised if Annan beat us on their home patch, - if they have a fully fit squad and are completely fresh. Tommy Goss will be desperate to prove several points.
    I don’t think Tommy has to prove any points. He battered & bullied our defence last year at Palmerston when Annan beat us in the cup.

The big man wasn’t ready enough for Championship football when at Queens and he quite rightly turned down another season here so he could play regular football and improve his game , a decision that was 100% correct.

I dread to think what he’ll do to our centre backs on October 21st.

You are quite correct that I was not at the game, my days of following Queens away from home are long gone. Whether or not we are the best team Falkirk have played this season is of no comfort, we got beat and are subsequently further adrift from the leaders. As regards my comments, I can only go on the official statistics from the game and they showed we had no attempts on target and only 4 shots in 90 minutes, this to me does not paint the picture that we were posing much of a goal threat. I apologise if my assumptions are wrong and we battered them for 90 minutes and were unlucky not to win. I'm a great believer in playing to your strengths and not sitting back hoping for a draw. Our strengths are certainly not the ability of being able to keep a clean sheet.
    Reports of the game would suggest otherwise confirming that stats alone do not tell the story of the match. Aways difficult when commentating on a game you have not attended.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Reports of the game would suggest otherwise confirming that stats alone do not tell the story of the match. Aways difficult when commentating on a game you have not attended.
    Well I have spoken to three people who were at the game and they all told me that Queens posed no threat from an attacking perspective. The statistic that we did not produce a single shot on target during the entire game speaks volumes. At the end of the day we got beat and that is all that I am bothered about. We will have to agree to disagree about whether it is acceptable to comment on games you are not at.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)