+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the Saudis ruining football?

Are the Saudis ruining football?

Just read somewhere that Andre Gray is off to play in Saudi and is going to be paid 100k a week 😱
    What the deuce is going on?
    I know they have bucket loads of cash but surely this is becoming very damaging to football.
    Where and how does this all end?

Following in the Premiership’s footsteps?

Might improve it. More local players getting a chance to play.

It’s funny but they haven’t spent has much as the Prem.The worrying thing for me is Liverpool have told them Salahs not for sale,three,four times but the Saudis are saying they will try again in January.

For me it was ruined with the formation of the PL. Squad numbers, and 3 points for a win.
    But then again I'm just an old fashioned guy😁

Quote Originally Posted by Bradgate View Post
    For me it was ruined with the formation of the PL. Squad numbers, and 3 points for a win.
    But then again I'm just an old fashioned guy��
    Bradders, if you don't mind being called that? I think when they brought in 3 points for a win it made the tempo of games faster, more pressing etc, or was that just my way of seeing it as teams pressed for a win worth more points. 3 for a win quickly moves you away from other teams, unless of course they match you which doesn't always pan out like that.

As for the Saudis, let them take the 'best of the bunch' from the Premiership, it might make it a more level playing field so to speak. Also, the big clubs from the Prem may have to start looking towards more home grown talent and the lower league clubs will benefit from this through transfer money or, will what Liverpool may likely get for Salah be spent on another £100 million player?

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Just read somewhere that Andre Gray is off to play in Saudi and is going to be paid 100k a week 😱
    What the deuce is going on?
    I know they have bucket loads of cash but surely this is becoming very damaging to football.
    Where and how does this all end?
    "Money is the root of all evil" was never more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradgate View Post
    But then again I'm just an old fashioned guy��
    I agree. David Dein, Martin Edwards and Rupert Murdoch brought an end to traditional English football and made it corporate entertainment in the American fashion.

Need to get Just Stop Oil over there.
    That'll teach 'em.

They probably will when they take over the English clubs, it’ll turn into a farce

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast