+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: World Cup 2026 - Will the weather impact the competition.

World Cup 2026 - Will the weather impact the competition.

Do FIFA ever give thought to where the World Cup is actually held or is it who throws the biggest money down wins the bid?

I say this not out of jealousy because we as a United Kingdom haven't held a World Cup event for over 60 years by the time the next one is held in 2026 but, read the attachment I've added and the temperatures the players and officials may have to face are frightening. Surely these will all be night time fixtures? Then again, TV advertising/sponsorship is always the winner.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66211285

I wouldn't even consider your observations that England/UK haven't held a World Cup for 60 years as jealousy Brin! Considering we invented the sport and all it's historical roots are there for all to see,I think it is an absolute disgrace. We have incredible stadiums,infrastructure and transport networks.Our climate is ideal in the Summer months and if the 2012 Olympics is a casing point for our ability to organise and embody such a huge event then look no further.That's without mentioning our National team is one of the best in the World and the Premier League is the most lucrative and watched domestic league on the planet. In fact the more you think about it,it becomes even more of a disgrace!
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 16-09-2023 at 12:27 PM.