+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Pubs "Dynamic Pricing" Strategy

O/T Pubs "Dynamic Pricing" Strategy

Just read an article that says around 800 pubs owned by Stonegate will employ a 'dynamic pricing' strategy.

This entails increased prices for a pint during busy periods i.e. weekends. The example quoted describes a 20p surcharge.
    It apparently goes towards the extra costs of employing bouncers, extra pot washers, etc??

Is this a 'faux pas' by the company?

Why didn't their marketing team describe this as follows: "standard rates will apply during the busy periods but a 20p discount will apply during the less busy periods??"

If like me you drink John Smith's smooth your getting done to start with never a full pint in level pint glasses. Does weights & measures still exist?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    If like me you drink John Smith's smooth your getting done to start with never a full pint in level pint glasses. Does weights & measures still exist?
    Top it up with tap water. You'll not notice any difference 😂

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Top it up with tap water. You'll not notice any difference ��
    It might taste better

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Just read an article that says around 800 pubs owned by Stonegate will employ a 'dynamic pricing' strategy.

This entails increased prices for a pint during busy periods i.e. weekends. The example quoted describes a 20p surcharge.
    It apparently goes towards the extra costs of employing bouncers, extra pot washers, etc??

Is this a 'faux pas' by the company?

Why didn't their marketing team describe this as follows: "standard rates will apply during the busy periods but a 20p discount will apply during the less busy periods??"
    Rip off English at it's best.....just charge the punters owt, they'll still pay it cos they're mugs. Nowt different than any supermarket you shop at and that's including Aldi/Lidl. Covid has screwed us all forever while those that supply our food and drink just rip us off!!!!

Don’t use them pubs.

Happy hour out of the question then?

Went out for a meal with Mrs. CA the other night and being the generous Yorkshireman I am opted for the 2 for $28 meal deal. Final bill $75

(Meal $28, 4xBeers $25, Donation to children's cancer charity $5, Tax $6, Tip $11)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Went out for a meal with Mrs. CA the other night and being the generous Yorkshireman I am opted for the 2 for $28 meal deal. Final bill $75

(Meal $28, 4xBeers $25, Donation to children's cancer charity $5, Tax $6, Tip $11)
    Sucker? Nice to See you donate though my friend to those in need.

Supply and demand, I suppose. It’s the way of the world. A night out will cost another couple of quid but the pub might survive and not join the growing list of ones that are gone forever.

Ha ha ha. To pay for bouncers and extra pot washers/glass collectors. You need these because the place is busy, I.e. taking much more money, meaning bigger profits ffs. If anything the prices should go up when places are dead, still having to pay for heating, electricity etc at the same rate for 10 customers as you do for a hundred. It's just total greed.

Mind you in Dublin where a pint will set you back about 7 to 8 Euros as it is. They put the prices up when the turns come on, meaning you'll be paying 9 or 10 Euros.