+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wimbledon

Hope that the lineup on twitter is wrong - otherwise Booth is in the starting XI AND on the bench (?)

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Hope that the lineup on twitter is wrong - otherwise Booth is in the starting XI AND on the bench (?)
    Never in any doubt that we'd come back (again!)

Crewe Alexandra have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E20 following their EFL League Two game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, 16 September.

If you can't celebrate a 98th minute goal when can you.........The games dead.

Apparently going off Twitter users the 98th minute is when we had our disallowed goal and to do with Alex player protests which would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    Crewe Alexandra have been charged with a breach of FA Rule E20 following their EFL League Two game against AFC Wimbledon on Saturday, 16 September.

If you can't celebrate a 98th minute goal when can you.........The games dead.
    Bonkers!!

Probably get another charge for chanting too loud and I think I saw someone stand-up to celebrate anorl ...

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Apparently going off Twitter users the 98th minute is when we had our disallowed goal and to do with Alex player protests which would make more sense.
    Cheers MfC, only just seen your reply.

Mind you, I would like to know the reason why the goal was disallowed (?)

Cheers MfC, only just seen your reply.

Mind you, I would like to know the reason why the goal was disallowed (?)
    Because Chris Long was offside. Good photo on the Crewe Alex Chat page (Fbook) shows it very clearly. Except, was he onside when the ball hit Williams’ head? Did the defender step up? I can see why the linesman gave it.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Because Chris Long was offside. Good photo on the Crewe Alex Chat page (Fbook) shows it very clearly. Except, was he onside when the ball hit Williams’ head? Did the defender step up? I can see why the linesman gave it.
    Cheers jb.

That was the only thing I could think of, but was he 'interfering with play' ?

This is well worth watching, especially regarding the 'offside' and what followed !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-A3dDWha9A

Cheers jb.

That was the only thing I could think of, but was he 'interfering with play' ?

This is well worth watching, especially regarding the 'offside' and what followed !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-A3dDWha9A
    Interfering?
    In the middle of the goal 1 yard out, I’d say so. I’d be disappointed if it was given against us.
    And, thanks for the clip/link. All access Alex a new one for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Interfering?
    In the middle of the goal 1 yard out, I’d say so. I’d be disappointed if it was given against us.
    And, thanks for the clip/link. All access Alex a new one for me.
    Only just found 'All access Alex'. The camera angle for the 2 goals is brilliant - thought Tabs goal was good when I first saw it, but it looks even better in the video.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12