+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hearts v Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I had thought about trying to take in the Hibs and Hakken games in between work commitments - thank fcuk I didn’t. We will get absolutely slaughtered in Germany and we will be lucky to pick up a solitary point in the group. What an unmitigated bloody shambles we are. How long does Barry think he’s got to start getting some points on the board!? I’m bored with our football, as most fans will be I’m sure, and that’s when the Board start to come under pressure to take action. Need to get someone like Robinson in! I’ll not be going again for a while.
    I’m a supporter who never likes it when we have to get rid of a manager.

Some fans seem to thrive on it but personally I hate it because it genuinely means we are shyte.

I have stuck up for Robson because he won me over after the sh1t show he took over and we were on our way to a relegation battle and he got us 3rd place.

But like any manager in the planet if he’s not winning games then he deserves to be under pressure and if he doesn’t turn it around soon then he deserves the sack.

I stand by what I said when Goodwin got fired at the start of the year,the manager isn’t the biggest issue at the club it’s the chairman.

He’s a fan who has the clubs best interests at heart but he’s not mentally stable to be in charge of a football club.

Hasn’t got a clue what it takes to run a successful football club and one day you will all tell me I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I had thought about trying to take in the Hibs and Hakken games in between work commitments - thank fcuk I didn’t. We will get absolutely slaughtered in Germany and we will be lucky to pick up a solitary point in the group. What an unmitigated bloody shambles we are. How long does Barry think he’s got to start getting some points on the board!? I’m bored with our football, as most fans will be I’m sure, and that’s when the Board start to come under pressure to take action. Need to get someone like Robinson in! I’ll not be going again for a while.
    I also have to add that if and when we do get rid of Robson then it will likely be someone like Stephen Robinson who gets the job.

Sorry but as much as he’s doing a decent job at St Mirren he’s no better than Glass,Goodwin or Robson.

He’s actually got a worse managerial record than Goodwin has so let’s not go down that route again.

I said it before that Cormack is going to end up getting us relegated at some point because of his ego and it’s going to be sooner rather than later the way things are going.

[QUOTE=rico94;40354820]I’m a supporter who never likes it when we have to get rid of a manager.

Some fans seem to thrive on it but personally I hate it because it genuinely means we are shyte./QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more.

I hate seeing us ditch managers, especially after only a short time.

Ditching Barry is fairly easy to do, but it scares me who the next appointment will be. Do we really trust our footballing monitoring board to get it right?

F*CK knows what the answer is.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Crap Result really missing Pollock & Ramadani from last season not been properly replaced
    Utter shambolic that Ramadani was not replaced with a real quality midfielder utter neglect by the board.
    Players like the American college boy and Barron are just not good enough are midfield are weak in strength any team just walks through them
    We are missing Mattie Pollock should have financially pushed the boat out to get him
    Fearing the worst on Thursday night could be very embrassing

Utter mince yesterday AGAIN!!!! Totally clueless from front to back AGAIN!!!
    And on a side note just why the fk was Duk allowed to stay on the pitch for the whole game is beyond me. Its time he was dropped.

Jist tae add a wee bit o' perspective here, nae defendin' or attackin' Robson, but .... even if we were strollin' the league right now .. even if we were on max points, Ah still think we would struggle tae tak a point v Eitracht Frankfurt.

As said previously, although ... ffs .. Ah share abody's frustration in equal measure, Thursday's game is by nae means a barometer.

Ah still believe we will turn things around .... maybe nae as soon as I would like, and def nae as soon as the majority on here would like ... but ... Ah dinna believe changin' the manager will turn oor fortunes aroon ony sooner.

Proven good players like Shinnie, Clarkson, Duk, Miovski, McDonald etc dinna turn sh!te overnight ..... nor dae 'elsewhere' proven good players we've signed .... (although Ah seriously hope Ah'm wrang aboot the boy Gueye!! ).

Keep the faith guys, as Madam Thatcher once said, 'if it's not hurting, it's not working' .... sorry ... Ah couldna help masel

Duk is far better off the left in a 4-3-3

Your humping long balls to him all game along with Miovski in this horrible 5-3-2 set up and hes just blowing out of steam

Needs to play in a 4-3-3 as his best attributes is cutting in off the left flank

Really wish someone would come out and ask Robson some proper questions.

Why Duk started?
    Why Duk was kept on for the whole match?
    Why no McDonald?
    Why Shinnie is unsubbable?
    Why no Vinnie at all?
    Why repeating the lie that it's 13 "new" players when Shinnie & Clarkson clearly aren't "new"
    Why wait until half time to go 4-3-3? If it isn't working then change it straight away.
    Where's Dadia?
    Why Clarkson so deep?

We've saw little to no improvement in the team since Livvy away and yet he persists on the same shape with almost the same personnel and expects a different outcome, he might not be carried away as he says on the post-match interview but perhaps he should start to if he wants to keep his job.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post
    Duk is far better off the left in a 4-3-3

Your humping long balls to him all game along with Miovski in this horrible 5-3-2 set up and hes just blowing out of steam

Needs to play in a 4-3-3 as his best attributes is cutting in off the left flank
    Agree ... but ... it has tae be noted, that many games ago, last season anyway, even those long diagonal balls sent to him were better .... ie. not beyond his undoudted ability to trap/tame and play off from.

Of late, it seems that the opposition know how good he is ... therefore closing him down quickly .... whilst maybe his team-mates overestimate how good he is ... therefore giving him the ball when he already has his back to goal with some fkn gorilla already with breathing down his neck.

For the likes of Duk to have the space to play in, the rest of the team ...mids esp, need to be more creative in their movement .. creating space elsewhere and stretching the opposition.

If both sides are allowed to agree that Duk is our main/only creative engine, then he's gonna have an opposition defender posted up his arse and another in his face for 90+ minutes per game.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Agree ... but ... it has tae be noted, that many games ago, last season anyway, even those long diagonal balls sent to him were better .... ie. not beyond his undoudted ability to trap/tame and play off from.

Of late, it seems that the opposition know how good he is ... therefore closing him down quickly .... whilst maybe his team-mates overestimate how good he is ... therefore giving him the ball when he already has his back to goal with some fkn gorilla already with breathing down his neck.

For the likes of Duk to have the space to play in, the rest of the team ...mids esp, need to be more creative in their movement .. creating space elsewhere and stretching the opposition.

If both sides are allowed to agree that Duk is our main/only creative engine, then he's gonna have an opposition defender posted up his arse and another in his face for 90+ minutes per game.

Deep breath, and taking 3 steps back to look at all this.

It goes back to not having a settled side and manager. For ALL the reasons we have chattered on about.

Getting 3rd last year was ace. And it gives us first acces to all that Euro gold. But without a settled team, it`s all come just a season too soon for us , as a Club.

Now I suspect we`ll hirpple through till Christmas , getting hammered and some fans getting nmore & more suicidal ?

As a Happy Clapper, I thought I saw the beginnings of some football being played in the last 20 minutes at Hearts.

It`s a " bit of a nuisance" that we`ve not been able to ease this team into settling by playing a few bottom 6 sides yet ?

There is certainly going to be more players added in January , and next close season. From my seat, all we can do is look to improving on the park to aim for ANY Euro spot by end of season, and continue to build .............

Cue hysterical naysayers and much bed wetting ?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast