+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hearts v Aberdeen

Right enough Neil min.

The main thing is we're putting together a team of Aberdeen players, not fückin loans.

By the looks of it, we spent far too long in the summer hoping Celtic would let us have their player......never again.

We're going to be fine, but second half of the season.

There’s no doubt that patience is needed and we will certainly need to be getting very close to nine out of nine points from our next three home games (Ross/StJ/Dundee) to get back on track. Small consolation I know but from the equivalent five fixtures last season we only got 3 out of 15 points and still got third place so we are only 1 point behind last season. However that only works if we win the majority of home games like we did last season starting with Ross on Sunday

Hopefully, this time, patience will be rewarded.

Robson has shown he understands what the fans want, he seems to understand the players, but he needs our support to get over the lows.
    Of course he lacks experience, but it's how he learns from the experiences he's having that will matter in the end.

I don't think we've signed shïte, let's give them time to gel and never find ourselves in the ridiculous position again of having to make that amount of signings over a summer.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Robson has shown he understands what the fans want, he seems to understand the players, but he needs our support to get over the lows.
    Of course he lacks experience, but it's how he learns from the experiences he's having that will matter in the end.

I don't think we've signed shïte, let's give them time to gel and never find ourselves in the ridiculous position again of having to make that amount of signings over a summer.
    That’s quite a sensible post from you.

I was away to come on here and say that I think we have signed a load of duds

Hopefully you are right and they all just need time to gel.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

DD the voice of reason 😳😂

Got to agree with most of that. Robson deserved a shot at the job after what he did last year. That said, unless he sorts out his tactics and formation sharpish he’s done for. Its all up to him.

The two Ross County games are massive for him now.

I knew Glass’ time was up when he lost at Dens around October that year, the Ross County cup tie up there is gonna be a similar game for Robson.

Totally agree the number of players we bring in each year is ridiculous and a rod for our own backs - largely caused by a ridiculous number of loan signings each year recently.

Much less loans this year which is a step forward, but Barry needs to sort himself and his team out PDQ, or he won’t get the chance to see what they can really do…

Utter dross yesterday. I understand we signed 5 centre backs in the close season and that virtually forces us to play 3 at the back. Well it aint working so Barry get back to a back 4 and stop chopping and changing the defense. Losing 7 goals in the last 3 matches shows it is not working. If he persists then he will lose his job. And what is the point of Steve Agnew who was supposed to be the guiding hand to the inexperienced manager. And Barry needs to stop saying how well the team are doing and he just needs some more time with them and it will all be fine. Bull**** really. He badly needs a win but not sure where that is coming from.

I'm always the voice of reason.

Just watched the highlights of the game on Sportscene and wow, there is some alarming stuff from the analysis.

A lot of people moaning about the constant long balls but they showed a part where Roos had the ball and there was 5 defenders in front of him and there was no Hearts player near any of them and they all turned their backs on Roos so he had no option but to go for the long kick up the park.

Also highlights a part where Hearts broke forward on the attack and the wingbacks McGarry and Devlin just stood and watched instead of tracking back and trying to help out the 3 centre backs.

You could argue that the long ball is down to Robson instructing the players to do that but I highly doubt he’s telling the wingbacks not to track back and cover the centre backs.

Kind of looks like there is a bit of ****ebaggery going on from the players like there was with Goodwin in the week of Hearts Darvel and Hibs embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Just watched the highlights of the game on Sportscene and wow, there is some alarming stuff from the analysis.

A lot of people moaning about the constant long balls but they showed a part where Roos had the ball and there was 5 defenders in front of him and there was no Hearts player near any of them and they all turned their backs on Roos so he had no option but to go for the long kick up the park.

Also highlights a part where Hearts broke forward on the attack and the wingbacks McGarry and Devlin just stood and watched instead of tracking back and trying to help out the 3 centre backs.

You could argue that the long ball is down to Robson instructing the players to do that but I highly doubt he’s telling the wingbacks not to track back and cover the centre backs.

Kind of looks like there is a bit of ****ebaggery going on from the players like there was with Goodwin in the week of Hearts Darvel and Hibs embarrassment.
    “Lacklustre”, I believe, is the word that Barry needs to use to describe his team’s performance … many more of those and he’ll be looking for a new job less than five months into his two-year contract.

There seems to be a familiar pattern these last few years with the players not being happy with something about the manager and not putting in the effort.

Happened with Glass and Goodwin and it seems to be happening now with Robson.It’s kind of like the dark days of the late 90s again with a bad culture within the club.

What happens if we do have to get rid of Robson and the players aren’t happy with what the new manager is asking them to do?

Will they stop putting in the effort so they can get him binned as well?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast