+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Tony Stewart own this board.

20 reply’s to WLB thread, I don’t reply anymore hoping he will go away.So my last post on any WLB threads.

1.The OP obviously has an agenda regarding Tony Stewart, he's not the only one on here with certain obsessions.
    2.If you don't agree with someone, then say so.
    3.The Mods on here including Cam do a great job, it must be like being teaching /care assistant in infant school/OAP home at times.
    4.UTM.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    How many mods are they, and what is the secret handshake?
    3 mods I think. All three of us were made moderator due to having to edit competitions or in my case to stop idiots ruining the match thread.
    Personally I don’t like being one because it automatically changes how people interact with me. I hated logging on when all the **** was happening. I hate having to ban people but I’ve only ever done it for what I believe has been to protect others or the board in total.

Personally I think the mods do a great job. Might be some decisions I might not agree with but that would be the case with anyone. The board is generally fine and well run, with lots of content to keep up with. Much appreciated fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Personally I think the mods do a great job. Might be some decisions I might not agree with but that would be the case with anyone. The board is generally fine and well run, with lots of content to keep up with. Much appreciated fellas.
    raging, I have been a member of this site for more years than I care to recall. Over the years it has been in the past a very high ranked site back in its day. Some brilliant contributors with great discussions to debate/reply to and some not so smart, who of late more than grate enough of us with their negative Multi user posts. Others seem to just want to pick, poke and jibe at certain posters who sadly have vowed not to post anymore.

I actually applied to be a Mod simply due to the fact one is based in France the other in the United States so, a considerable time difference.
    posts/threads were becoming pear shaped so to speak and something had to be done to correct this, as issues could at times drag on for days.

Since being elected, I have had to on more than enough occasions, had to step in asking for respect between certain parties as with threats of violence, personal verbal abuse etc were not acceptable. To think of the ages of some on here that were involved made you question what were they thinking at the time.

As for the other week, I logged in to see yet more WLB incessant drivel about Tony Stewart but then it became a personal attack about his spending and about his Son. That was enough! Granted I reacted by swearing at WLB which was totally uncalled for and I openly and profusely
    apologise for that. As a Mod I had no right to use foul language but it happened because of personal reasons and I let the emotion at the time beat my better judgement before posting, still not an excuse though for swearing.

What I will say is that, all three of us Mods want to see this site continue for many years maybe after we have long departed for whatever reason but, we will not let keyboard multi users ruin this site by posting uncalled for personal attacks on anyone not just Tony Stewart and his family. Looking forward, I will approach issues of this nature more professional but rest assured, I will take the same action again to ban anyone that wishes to behave in a such a childish pathetic manner who's sole aim is just to post attention seeking threads that massage their inflated egos. Let's hope they also think twice before repeating such actions.

Like Clarkey said,''If there is no moderator on this site the board is not allowed to run, worth bearing in mind through different time zones as well.so when cam says they are close to packing it and go the same way as big rich and deano then maybe people should wise up a little bit''

You get all sorts on here and most of the time it’s fairly civil.
    You do get the ones who are simply on a wind up.
    You get the ones who have overstepped the mark my brother in law YAK been one of them.
    You get the happy clappers.
    You get the negative nellies
    I think the mods do a really good job and where possible steer posters away from massive conflict.

The ones moaning should give it a go.
    I wouldn’t want to do it that’s for sure.

2 out of the 3 mods on here either threatened me with another ban or wanted me banning but they had their reasons I accept it I don't do getting even. Not a problem with any of the mods on here.

Too much right wing stuff tolerated on here for me. But hey ho its why i dont post so much and why we have lost good posters like brassgnat and mike miller who have got pissed off with it all. The board consists of about 70% right wing nutters who rule the roost.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Too much right wing stuff tolerated on here for me. But hey ho its why i dont post so much and why we have lost good posters like brassgnat and mike miller who have got pissed off with it all. The board consists of about 70% right wing nutters who rule the roost.
    It's pretty well accepted that people tend to move right politically as they get older. Given that the average age on here is around 106, what you describe is perhaps inevitable. Most of it is fine...just things on which we can all have differing opinions... but agree that some of the posts relating to race aren't generally acceptable in polite company these days.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    That was quite the case 12 months ago but the relocation of the political posts onto another board seemed to work. Don't mind what the politics are of posters as long as they're talking about the millers!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast