+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tonali injured

Tonali injured

'Muscle fatigue', whatever that is.

A doubt for the Milan game so almost certain to miss the Brentford game,

Bugger.

Longstaff back in, for me.

Anderson is too - missed the Scotland games.

I never thought I'd say this, but bringing Longstaff back in to stabilize the midfield might be what we need right now. As much as I think Tonali has been our best player so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Anderson is too - missed the Scotland games.
    Anderson is a weird one.. there are rumours Southgate has been looking at him, I think he's waiting to see if he can make the England team which is a bit poor on his part.. shouldn't be allowed to just change nationality when it suits

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Anderson is a weird one.. there are rumours Southgate has been looking at him, I think he's waiting to see if he can make the England team which is a bit poor on his part.. shouldn't be allowed to just change nationality when it suits
    By the time Southgate dithers on thinking about it, Anderson will be retired.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    By the time Southgate dithers on thinking about it, Anderson will be retired.
    Agreed..

Anderson won't start in more than 5 games this season, theres no way Southgate is dropping any of his favourites either.. but on the flip side of that.. only players BORN in their national teams country should be allowed to play for said country.. none of this "my great grandad was Peruvian" bo11ocks

It needs stricter rules but it’s not that simple. You can be born in England but still not be eligible for a British passport. It’s the same in most countries. Having 4 countries in Britain makes it even harder.
    I remember Gordon Strachan when he was manager of Scotland referring to a part of his squad as ‘the english lads’. 😆

I'm not convinced that Anderson is injured, I think he's willing to take a punt at getting to play for England.

Injury is convienent timing to say the least.

Toonali. . . hopefully it's only short issue, I have heard some stories that he/family have been threatened back in Italy if he plays against them. Probably *******s but I could believe it with Italian football.

Either way, Longstaff back in for me as well.

Perfect chance to go 4 4 2 with Wilson and Isak up front and Bruno and Joelinton in the centre of midfield.

Glad we now have a squad substantially strengthened enough to actually compete in the EPL with some of our 'Squad' not 'First team' players.

It wasn't a classic, Brentford started strongly without having that level of quality to be a true danger. I said to myself after about 30 mins, "this is gonna be a 1-0 to who ever gets the first goal."

With time our squad will be much better as they interchange across the season, familiarity of playing style etc will see us only improve the performances on the pitch and should lead to more points.

Tonali will be fit for Milan after being rested.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)